+ Follow This Topic

Thread: umm, wtf?

umm, wtf?

sorry this is so long in advance.
    So a while back, I went skydiving and semi-met (noticed?) this guy. And by that, I mean we didn't officially meet or talk, but he stared at me, and I notice people who stare at me because it creeps me out, haha.
    Anyway, we ended up at the same bar later that night, and he was doing the staring thing again. He'd smile or make funny faces at me when I'd look at him and eventually we met when he approached me as I was talking to a friend of his. So we hung out a little bit that night before I left the bar and ran into each other quite a bit throughout the week. Mostly small talk and me freaking about a jump I was nervous about making later in the week. After the actual jump though, I ran into him again, he did a whole high five thing over me making the jump and kind of held my hand for a while after it? I thought it was weird, but I also am awesome at imagining things.
    ANYWAY. That evening before I went to dinner with my family, we grabbed drinks and were talking for a while... he paid for my drink, we made plans to meet up later, and we did. I returned the "drink favor" when we met up later and he started getting kind of touchy feely? Arm constantly around me, playing footsie, that kind of thing. However, later in the night, while he kept his whole thing with me up, he started chatting with another girl, dancing with her, whatever, and the guy she was with ended up getting super pissed about it and freaked on him, so when that all blew up, I checked out for the night and left. Not really sure what happened with him later in the night... he asked me to meet up with him later, but I was really ready to just go to sleep, so I didn't.
    He was going out of town the next morning, so I left him my number and told him to let me know when he was back so we could get together.
    A few nights later, he texted me and we've been texting, Facebook chatting, that kind of stuff ever since. Our conversations are mostly... playful, I guess? He teases me a lot, talks about things we should do together when he gets back, has suggested I give him a back rub, things like that... it seems all pretty flirtatious to me, but then sometimes he's really uncommunicative too. He'll spend a few days texting me non-stop and then go days without saying anything, sometimes he won't respond to me, stupid little things that really weren't bothering me much until....
    the big kicker for me: we were talking the other night and out of nowhere, he tells me he has a date the next night. We're not together, so I don't expect him to NOT date, but I'm confused as to why he threw that in my face.
    so......thoughts?

If you were not together then why did you feel he threw it in your face? Emotionally irrational feelings: BUSTED!!!

The fact you are here talking about it wondering why tells me your ego has an issue with being told something you felt was implied in a non-exclusive relationship.

My question for you is: Is this the best you can do? I mean if this is just for fun: then let it be all about fun.
    Something tells me it bothers you because you like him. I mean really like him.

oh, I'm totally having irrational feelings, I won't deny that at all.
    but of course I really like him. however, it's new and I don't want to push anything on him/rush things/whatever. I was just under the impression that there was this mutual interest going on here between the two of us, so I was surprised he told me about the date. I don't expect him to NOT be dating, but I was expecting him to not share it with me..? does that make sense? still totally irrational? probably, haha.

Listen, he told you to see your reaction. No other reason. There was no reason to tell you. It would make no sense for him to do so.. So believe me, that is exactly why he did it. But, Not reacting, is the best thing you could have done. Not only women play games. Men do also, and it was a way for him to get is ego stroked. Trust me. I have seen it happen multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by jerybaby18 View Post
    Listen, he told you to see your reaction. No other reason. There was no reason to tell you. It would make no sense for him to do so.. So believe me, that is exactly why he did it. But, Not reacting, is the best thing you could have done. Not only women play games. Men do also, and it was a way for him to get is ego stroked. Trust me. I have seen it happen multiple times.
    I agree, definitely wanting to see what your reaction was. I would suggest being careful with him to though. Knowing a lot of guys with high ego's my whole life, a lot of these guys end up turning out to be jerks.