+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Your advice

Your advice

I meet a guy last weekend in a club and we got on really well, Loads in common, showed alot of interest in me but when I was leaving I didnt give him my number and played hard to get.

I know the street he lives on and I was thinking of going to all the houses on that street and putting a note in the letterboxes with my number for him to give me a call.

What would you do guys if somebody did that and what would you think. I might do it tonight.

Don't do that. Just go back to the same club on the same night of the week for a few weeks in a row, in case he comes back. As one of the regulars (Vashti?) here likes to say, a woman should never chase after a man or a bus, because the next one will show up soon enough.

That said, I once did something similar to what you're thinking. I met a girl at a club and we danced for a while and talked afterward. She told me her phone number, but wouldn't write it down for me, or give me time to find something to write with either. She said that if I couldn't remember her number then I didn't need to call her.

The next day, I was trying to remember her number. I remembered all seven digits, but wasn't sure of the order of three of the digits. There was one particular combination that seemed most likely, so I called that and got a generic machine voicemail message. So then I worked out all possible numeric combos and called them all. Fortunately, this was back when I still had a land line. Anyway, none of them checked out, so I called the first number again. It was her!

She was flattered that I remembered her number, and we went out that night. She wasn't even creeped out when I later told her about all the phone calls, she was impressed that I went to the trouble. Things eventually didn't work out, but those first few weeks were great.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Really depends on the guy.

Personally, if I had a great time with a girl I'd love it if she went through all that trouble. But if I wasn't really interested in her it might be awkward.
    Then again, I'm not your typical guy. I can't be sure what the typical guy would think. Your safest bet would be to take Vincenzo's advice.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You would really consider leaving your number in EVERYONE'S mailbox in hopes of him calling you?

Ugh. Don't do it. Follow Vincenzo's advice.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Putting the note in all those mailboxes is going to get you a bunch of random harassment. And it would be almost as desperate as writing your name and phone number on the wall of the men's room at the club, under the words, "For a good time, call..."
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Thank you VincenzoG91 for the reply, Only problem is he doesnt go out much as he doesnt drink. It was the first time he was clubbing in a year. Vashti I was considering every second house but then it might be his house that I miss so it would have to be every house. EHH why didnt I just give him my number so I wouldnt be feeling like im stalking him. Any other suggestions to get to see him again. I dont want him to think I was not interested.

Do you know his name? This is what facebook is for!

Mutual friends? Would you recognise who he was out with again?

Yeah, putting your name and number at everyone's house is definitely not a good idea. Is a street near where you live? If so you could go start walking or jogging in the area, it gives you a chance to run into him again.

I'm with Lixer. Increase your chances of running into him again.
    Green!