+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there a chance of my ex coming back? And is he on the rebound?

Is there a chance of my ex coming back? And is he on the rebound?

My ex that thought was perfect in every way, sweet to me, loving, and incapable of hurting anyone started dating someone behind my back (someone that's in his state since we're in different states). I was told a first time by a friend that he was cheating, talked to him about it since he didn't see like the type to cheat, and he denied it, said that he loved me, and asked why he would toss me away (continuing to date this new guy without me knowing). Things continued for a couple more weeks, he disappears for three days, and I hear from my friend that he's at someone's house and that he's alright (which I assumed that it was just a friend). A day later my friend tells me again that my ex was cheating, that he was in the living room with his "boyfriend", and that he didn't want to tell me what they were doing.

My instincts told me that my friend was right since I wondered why he would be telling me this a second time, I confront my ex about it, and he plays it off like nothing ever happens, but eventually he gives in, tells me that I've just gotten boring and turned into some whiny bitch, that it irritated him, that his new guy made him happier than I did, and that he would NEVER forget me (strangely) . I'm just wondering why he would chose to keep me around as a boyfriend, date someone behind my back, and even sleep with that person instead of directly coming to communicate with me about things (proving that he's probably not ready to be in a relationship with ANYONE). In all honesty I'd be lying if I said that I didn't still love him and from his actions I know he shouldn't be worth my attention, but I'm just wondering if he's in a rebound relationship and if there's a chance of him coming back from it?

Walk away. Anyone that has that little respect for you isn't worth your time or thoughts.

Yes, this is easier said than done, but you know deep down it's the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    Walk away. Anyone that has that little respect for you isn't worth your time or thoughts.

Yes, this is easier said than done, but you know deep down it's the right thing to do.
    I know and despite what he did, a part of me DOES want him back. I'm just wondering if he'll come back where I can be prepared for it.