+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm confuse with the guy who i like

I'm confuse with the guy who i like

I'm kinda confuse with the guy who I like. We've been friend for like i would say maybe four years or more. I've been liking this guy starting before summer. Couple months ago, I texted him that there was something that i wanted to tell him and he wanted to know what it is. I told him that i wanted to tell him in person instead of texting. He agreed to it. I recommended him that we can go to the bar and talk from there and he doesn't mind. But, he gave me another recommendation that we could go to desert place. I was like sure because I haven't been there for a while. We chatted a lot of different things and we had a good time. At the end, I started to admit to him how I like him. He was shocked. He said he is flatter but he is willing to get to know me, we hang out more and talk more. I was happy to hear that. He offered to pay for dessert and he gave me a ride home. Wow he is such a gentleman and i never expect that from him. We have been texting pretty much almost everyday. We went out twice for the past couple months. The last time we went out was on Valentine Day and we had a good time. We both knew we had morning shift so i asked him if he wants to go. He was like he always leave it up to the ladies. I looked at the clock and it was 11 pm and i said think we should go. I was being thoughtful of him because he has to wake up at 5:30 am in the morning. I asked him does he want to go? He said he doesn't want this night to end but he knows he has to go. He did mention how we will go out more. At that point, we haven't gone out for a month. I'm starting to get confuse if he is interesting to get to know me or not. I mean we talk almost everyday, he said happy birthday first thing in the morning and he invited me to charity event (I'm not only one who is invited, he invited his friend too). We do hang out with same circle of friends on the weekends sometime but we kept our distance due to keep it as low profile. We didn't want any of our friends know about it because I don't want things to be ruin and i don't want them to get confuse that we're dating but we're not. I would tell them that we're dating only if we're officially together. To be honest, it is hard to get to know this guy while we hang out with our friends. My brother said to me, well if he is interesting to get to know me, then that what dating is for. I did my piece by seeing him in person about how i like him and plus i did asked him what he was doing for valentine day and i made reservation. i just don't want to be the only one to make plan or being pushy. I did discuss with him how he wanted to get to know me. He said that he doesn't want to do one and one all the time because it gets boring. His point was that he wanted to balance like hang out with friends and go out with me which i'm okay that because i want to do the same thing. He also want to see how i interact with our friends and him to see the differences of me which is okay with me. Sometime people have two different personalities when they hang out with friends while they're in relationship. I told him how i'm not expecting to go out every week. I wouldn't mind to go out like two or three times a month on the date and he agreed to it. Everything is great with him but he hasn't plan one bit to go out with me which is why i'm confuse. He did have times to go out with friends pretty much almost every weekend. We are taking things slowly which is a good thing. Should I approach him about this and ask him where is this going?

I met him at the bar because our friend were celebrating his birthday. For the past couple years we have been disconnected because we don't hang out with the same small group of friends at that time. I saw him at special events and some party once a while but we don't talk a lot. We just say hi and bye and hug. lol we still don't know each other that well. Last Fall, my best friend dragged me to hang out with her friends who she usually hang out. I saw him there and we started to hang out with the same circle friend ever since. If we don't work out then i'm okay to stay friend with him. F.Y.I. I'm hearing impaired and the deaf community is huge here in Toronto. I have a lot of friends here like 200 to 300 deaf friends. If i like one of the guy who i know for long time even i don't hang out with him often before, i still want to get to know him. Sorry if i didn't explain that earlier.