+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picture of your 1st love in your wallet... why?

Picture of your 1st love in your wallet... why?

Do you have a picture of your first love? Even after more than 15 years? Why?

Why do men keep pictures of their ex in their wallet?

I have one of my first love and after nearly 17 years since we last saw each other.

Why? Because it is what he sent me and when he got back in touch with me after 10 years apart. it is of high sentimental value. I don't carry it around however.

Do I still love him? It's so long ago now, that it's nothing more than fond memories.

I would imagine it's the same for men.

Definately not and I would find it kind of odd if my bf would carry it around with him in his wallet. Personally I deleted the pictures I got of my first love, not straight away after our break up but half a year after. There was no need to save them, we were done.
    Him carrying it around just seems to me that he either has forgotten about it being there(?), that he's close friends with her still (still this is weird, I don't see many people beyond young teenagers carrying around pics of their friends in their wallet) or that he thinks of her a bit too much.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Doesn't have to mean anything other than it being fond memories as Azure stated. Why do you have to get rid of everything that has once been a part of your life?

But Ric...in your wallet...? I understand keeping pictures of your ex, I have them too, in an album somewhere in a box. Not in my wallet. Your kids, family member, gf/bf, close friends...yeah...I understand but an old love more than 15 years ago...?

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Some people like to keep their good memories close by. The photo of her might make him nostalgic, make him feel good about the times he had with her. Doesn't take away from his current life, just similar to looking at toys one had as a kid. Just a bit more emotional.

I don't understand how new boyfriends and girlfriends get so put out, over the fact that their significant other has been in other relationships before them. These people have not been putting their entire lives on hold until the day that they would meet you.

It's all sentimental, people. GAWD. Be secure within yourself.

^Careful Warriormaiden....your reply might ensue a sarcastic pm from the OP....

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In their wallet? Okay.....no, that's just too much. Somebody's having some 'getting over someone' issues.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Well everything that is young, is vulnerable and it needs to be protected. When a relationship is "young" it is not solid enough to confront the new gf/bf with your attechments for an old love, in a later phase, yes. Warriormaden, you make your own story... It has nothing to do with the fact not wanting to accept that your gf/bf has had a past... but keep the relics to yourself. It has to do with being considerate.

first love is like first memory of love on your life. so it's not easy to forget it. Even I don't have his picture in my wallet but his face still in my thought. Beyond our understanding, this memory will live eternally. but don't ruin your life by continuing keep this memory on every step of your life.

first love is like first memory of love on your life.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard of!

Hahaha....what do you mean, surfhb?

Cherish the memories of your first love, I have them too, but like I said, put the relics in a box.

I have pictures of my kids in my wallet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast