+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How far do you go with taking 'revenge"?

How far do you go with taking 'revenge"?

Sending your ex pc virusses? Doing mean things?

I thought about bad, bad things, like hacking his email account to see if he was cheating on me while we were together, but then I realised I don't have the computer skills... so that blew me off.

I have an angry part, that wants to do really bad things...but I am a coward...

Have you done anything mean to vent your anger & pain? Did it relief you?

Use the anger in a positive way. Channel it into forcing you to do stuff - going out, seeing friends, trying something new. Don't waste time and energy on an ex. Just erase them from your life and get on with your own.

I have no anger, just massive emptyness and loss.

"Living well is the best revenge." --George Herbert, 1593-1633. (Yes, he died at age 40.)
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

But an ex who doesn't give a shit about you, won't care how well you are living....lol.

I've done the revenge thing before, when I was a kid in my teens and when I first got cheated on. Scratched all over my first loves most prized possession, the 'car' and it's something I regretted and immediatley after. I was full of anger and acted upon impulse....it's not something I'm proud of. Of course I'd done it under cover of the dark, so it could never be proved it was me.
    Luckily he forgave me.

Now I'm grown up and wiser, I'd 'never' do anything so stupid again. It ain't worth it. The idea of revenge and the actual revenge feels good and for all of five minutes.....then they guilt etc sets in and you feel 10 times like shit.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 21-03-11 at 03:15 AM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The best revenge I ever got was moving on and doing better in life than him. Karma....it really is a huge bitch.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    "Living well is the best revenge." --George Herbert, 1593-1633. (Yes, he died at age 40.)
    you think he gives sound advice tho

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    But an ex who doesn't give a shit about you, won't care how well you are living....lol.

I've done the revenge thing before, when I was a kid in my teens and when I first got cheated on. Scratched all over my first loves most prized possession, the 'car' and it's something I regretted and immediatley after. I was full of anger and acted upon impulse....it's not something I'm proud of. Of course I'd done it under cover of the dark, so it could never be proved it was me.
    Luckily he forgave me.

Now I'm grown up and wiser, I'd 'never' do anything so stupid again. It ain't worth it. The idea of revenge and the actual revenge feels good and for all of five minutes.....then they guilt etc sets in and you feel 10 times like shit.
    Like I said before: every single second I feel a bit better, is worth it.
    I have grown up too, but these feelings of revenge is very new to me. I didn't have them when I was younger. I like revenge without damaging people (ok, a little bit then.... ;-) Hacking would be to find information. Even though it is more painful for you to have information, sometimes it is better not to know. But even then...at least you know...

it pisses me of when people say they loved their ex, but as soon as they break up with them they wanna hurt them or get revenge. more often than not your ex is a good person whos done a couple of crappy things which sucks but hey ho, you were with them once so that mustn't have been that bad.

why be a horrible bitch and try and **** with his life afterwards? irrespective of how you've been treated don't sink that low cos when you've got over the pain you'll just realize you were a stupid little bitch. move on, have fun and show him how amazing life is without him in your life.

no one likes mean people, and chances are he'll just end up laughing at you for being so pathetic

I don't feel like I need revenge against him. We tried and it didn't work out. Despite it all I still have a lot of love for him in my heart and I wish him well.

He just wasn't cut out for a relationship at all. At. All.

Good advise!! the best revenge is living better than him!! ^^

dont do it.. you will get caught eventually... your past will ALWAYS catch up with you...

LL,
    I got your private message and typed one back but couldn't send it coz I have to make 15 posts before I send a PM. Just letting you know I tried and will get back to you as soon as I can.
    Take care
    P

Quote Originally Posted by eonbar View Post
    it pisses me of when people say they loved their ex, but as soon as they break up with them they wanna hurt them or get revenge. more often than not your ex is a good person whos done a couple of crappy things which sucks but hey ho, you were with them once so that mustn't have been that bad.

why be a horrible bitch and try and **** with his life afterwards? irrespective of how you've been treated don't sink that low cos when you've got over the pain you'll just realize you were a stupid little bitch. move on, have fun and show him how amazing life is without him in your life.

no one likes mean people, and chances are he'll just end up laughing at you for being so pathetic
    Oh wowsers....who rattled your cage??

Don't judge and until you catch your Mrs in bed, fcking your best mate....

Then come back and discuss.

Yeah, so revenge is a little far fetched. Its not the right thing to do.. And you do certainly feel like shit afterward.. It is only hurting yourself if you need to spend this much time and effort how to get your ex back.. Best thing for yourself is to move on and *forget*.

But saying that, in the heat of the moment when your all revved up and you have been seriously hurt.. I think its normal to think about hurting them the way they hurt you..
    My ex was a complete bastard most of the time when i felt like i had tried my hardest with him.. I went up to his house to grab my phone charger...Didnt tell him i was going up there but he said he was there so didnt think it was a big deal. He wasnt there when i got there, so i tried calling him.. He was ignoring me and then turned his phone off. Hmm, i wonder what he was doing..lol
    So i hated that he smoked weed and was constantly stoned. I saw all his bongs and bubblers.. And smiled I poured all the smelly bong water out of them onto his clothes, bed, couches. It smelled SO bad.
    After i cooled off i felt so bad. And it definitely wasnt the right thing i should have done.. Even if someone really deserves being hurt, really the only one you hurt is yourself.
    Spending time thinking about how to hurt another person.. HAS to be unhealthy. lol

It's very tempting to want to wreck his life....to humiliate him....to teach him a lesson. But in the end, you are the one who would be consumed with sadness. As stated above, live well and use the energy to better yourself. Make yourself super hot, and show everyone that you don't need him. Be confident about yourself, and in time you'll find a new man who will make you forget the old bloke.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast