+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I do the right thing?

Did I do the right thing?

I'm unsure. I'd been dating my girlfriend for a month. At first she was positively awesome. She made me feel special after my ultimate fiasco, or my last relationship.

But, as time went on. The more time I spent with her, the more I saw someone that I didn't like. She did small things. Of course, the small things are stupid. But if I don't like her for who she is, how will I spend years together with her? I broke up with her. I left her because of the situation was making me like her less and less.

She was mad at me. I had openly expressed my doubts about the relationship in my Xanga. She read these and got mad. I talked to her at school the next day for a moment, but it seemed like she wanted nothing to do with me. So I let her be, and talked to one of my friends for the duration of the class.

Later in the day, one of her friends gives me a message, something along the lines of, "Maybe if you would've talked to me during class I wouldn't be so mad at you."

What game is this?

Why didn't she talk to me, if she really wanted to? I mean, why should it be me that has to start the conversation? I hate when a girl expects something of me. That doesn't seem like true love. (Yeah, my standards are warped, but it was my girlfriend of 1.5 years that made it that way.)

So, things like that elevated. And I left her. She didn't seem as hurt as she did pissed. I'm not sure.

Did I do the right thing? I mean, things would've only gotten worse if I continued with the relationship, don't you think? Just want some opinions.

If you feel you did the right thing, then you did. If you feel that things would have only gotten worse then I commend you on ending it before they did and sparing each other the arguments. This is ultimately YOUR call as to whether you did the right thing. If you're comfortable with it, then you probably did do the right thing for you.