+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe? Serious question...lol

Do you believe? Serious question...lol

So i feel absolutely crazy for asking this.. lol
    I have never been a big believer in spirits/ghosts etc.. But the past few nights have terrified me in my house!! Im almost scared to go to bed tonight

There has been random noises lately in my house.. Doesnt matter if its through the day or at night, im still scaring myself silly over it. I have a dog that has been barking randomly throughout the night which is unusual for him. There has been unexplainable noises in the house since thursday night.. But been the logical thinker i am, i just put it down to paranoia etc..

Except last night completely freaked me. It was just getting dark, me and my daughter were reading books in the living room when we heard the door stopper 'ding' in the bedroom. I thought maybe it was the dog, so i carried on reading..
    It happened again a few minutes later, so i get up annoyed that the dog was probably messing around in my bedroom. When i start walking over to the door, i notice my dog in his crate fast asleep.. Then i start to worry, i peer in my bedroom, the doors shut, the lights off.. Nothing there.
    I go back to the sofa where my daughter is. At this point even shes asking what the noise was.. And it happened again and again. Im sat terrified on my sofa with my girl probably freaking her out too.. I didnt dare go back to the bedroom so i grab my girl and the phone and call my friend over to come stay with us for the night. I wait at the door with it open ready to run if i need to.. LOL He came over, the 'dinging' of the door stopper stopped.

I am SO scared to be in this house alone right now.. I have been having crazy vivid nightmares and waking up randomly in the night with the feeling that i have been woken by something.. Iv told my friends and they laugh at me. Yet i am totally serious.

What the heck do i do? I tell people and they think im nuts.. Im beginning to question my own sanity now..

So, do you believe? Have any unexplainable 'happenings' in your house?

Thanks in advance!

Yes i believe in ghosts i think yours is a pankster lol how long you live here

It can't be your imagination and if your daughter is hearing it too. I wouldn't be able to stay there because I'd be too scared to stay there. I'd move in with a relative and find someplace else to live.

I remember once living in a house with the ex hubby and something weird happened. We'd gone to bed one night, I fell asleep and when I awoke the bed was shaking. I wasn't dreaming either, I was wide awake. Anyway I'd reached out and to wake my ex and when I did, the shaking stopped. It only ever happened once though. If it happened more times, I'd have been shit hot outta there...

Yeah i have never had anything like this happen to me before!! Iv lived here now for a few weeks.. Its a pretty new house and everything, but i always just feel scared been here on a night. I always hear strange noises but i always put it down to the dog or the furnace etc.. This was definitely not either! lol

Im thinking im going to stay at a friends tonight, i am so scared its going to happen again and im such a wuss. lol My ex once swore he saw someone in our window one night while going to get a drink from the kitchen and i told him he was being silly.. Now im not so sure. Ugh. This has just completely freaked me right out.
    And Azure, i would have been terrified!!! Couldnt imagine that omg.

The thing thats been weird is it actually feels like someone is messing with my head.. I have had constant nightmares all weekend, waking up terrified and just waking up randomly all through the night. Ugh its really scaring me :/ Also, this sounds nuts, but my cell phone has disapeared on me. I had it on the couch i text my friend and put it down their to go make dinner. After dinners done i go to look at my phone and couldnt find it anywhere. I have been calling it and i just cannot hear it! I have stood in every room trying to listen for it and its nowhere to be found..That was on Friday and i still cant find it, i havnt even been outta the house since my girl is sick..
    Just the weirdest things have been happening to me lately.. I feel insane lol!!

Gawd, I'd be moving. Could be a house built on old burial ground....or perhaps I watch too many horror movies, lol

The house we were in was quite old....well oldish. Think it was built early 19th century. The one I'm in now has probably been standing since Victorian times. I hear noises in here too but 'explainable' noises. Such as the tv creaking, or the heater cooling down, lol.

Honest, I'd get out of there and if it makes you feel uneasy and things are vanishing without explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I remember once living in a house with the ex hubby and something weird happened. We'd gone to bed one night, I fell asleep and when I awoke the bed was shaking. I wasn't dreaming either, I was wide awake. Anyway I'd reached out and to wake my ex and when I did, the shaking stopped. It only ever happened once though. If it happened more times, I'd have been shit hot outta there...
    so he was jerking off and woke you up. of course he'll stop when he realized you've woken up

Wait, you've only lived there for a few weeks? Then it's more likely that you're just not familiar with the noises the house makes. Houses make weird noises. And your bad dreams and the barking dog can be explained by you living in a new environment. And your cell phone did not disappear into thin air.

Even if your house is haunted or whatever (it's not, because that's not a real thing) just remember that no one has actually ever been harmed by these spooks that hang around. So stop freaking out and go find out what that noise is next time.

Houses make noises, no biggie there. All this ghost business is just psychological.

I believe because it's happened twice to my family. I was round my nannies and granpa's two weeks after my Great Grandad death. (God rest his soul!) Anyway we was having a dinner round my nannies and she called us all in. In the bottom right of the 3 windows there was a perfect 'crucifix' in the bottom right of the end right window. We knew it was him and the whole house filled with a warm feeling. We all felt happy and at ease for some reason.

Another incident, more spookier my brother was going to the loo in our old house and he saw a figure of a person on the landing. That's kind of spooky.

Yeah, i dont think my phones disapeared.. I have the day off work and im going to search the house from top to bottom!!
    I dont really freak at noises.. I always put it down to something. But the door stopper?? There is no explanation for the door stopper being 'twanged' over and over. I looked in there like i said.. There was nothing. Thats the thing thats bugging me.. Its not just creaking and thumping.. Its a bloody door stopper. LOL
    I stayed at a friends last night.. Tonight im staying home and we will see what goes on

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    so he was jerking off and woke you up. of course he'll stop when he realized you've woken up
    LOL, afterwards that is actually what I tried to put it down too....that it had been him jerking off. But at same time, the bed was shaking too much and for it to be him.

I've got another one.

My sister had her baby baptised in the local church and this old church is supposed to be haunted by a female.

Anyway, they took photos during the baptism and on one of the photos you can see the silhouette of a female standing in the window, that is not present on any of the other photos that are taken showing that same window. You can't make out facial features and because the window is a distant from the camera, but it's defo female and because she is wearing a long gown. It is impossible and for this to have been a 'real' woman and because the window is located around 20ft from the ground.

Other people who have had their babies baptised in this same church, also have a pic of this silhouette on 'one' of their photos too, but it doesn't show up in any of their other photos.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I've got another one.

My sister had her baby baptised in the local church and this old church is supposed to be haunted by a female.

Anyway, they took photos during the baptism and on one of the photos you can see the silhouette of a female standing in the window, that is not present on any of the other photos that are taken showing that same window. You can't make out facial features and because the window is a distant from the camera, but it's defo female and because she is wearing a long gown. It is impossible and for this to have been a 'real' woman and because the window is located around 20ft from the ground.

Other people who have had their babies baptised in this same church, also have a pic of this silhouette on 'one' of their photos too, but it doesn't show up in any of their other photos.
    Wow, thats creepy! I have also experienced a unexplainable figure sight too..
    When i was in school there was an old tunnel in one of the parks we used to hang out in. It was called the 'devils tunnel' as people had heard things in their before etc..
    I used to think it was absolute BS, so me and a friend had a few drinks one weekend and decided to venture down the tunnel being stupid.. I had my phone out and we were taping us just being plain silly laughing and singing in there. The monday comes, and we were showing a few other friends the video.. I hadnt watched it before and someone pointed asked who else we were with in there, there was only the 2 of us in there but when we watched the video back, there is clearly another figure in their. As i swung the camera around from my face to hers you could clearly see another face before i reached my friend!
    The other figure was clearly in the video quite a few times, one point my friend was doing cartwheels, and there was another figure stood right there beside her.
    Im not saying it was a ghost as it could have been anything who knows.. But at the time it freaked us right out!! lol

Im just a very logical thinker, always have to have an explanation for everything.. If i dont it drives me crazy!! lol

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JadenMia View Post
    Yeah i have never had anything like this happen to me before!! Iv lived here now for a few weeks.. Its a pretty new house and everything, but i always just feel scared been here on a night. I always hear strange noises but i always put it down to the dog or the furnace etc.. This was definitely not either! lol

Im thinking im going to stay at a friends tonight, i am so scared its going to happen again and im such a wuss. lol My ex once swore he saw someone in our window one night while going to get a drink from the kitchen and i told him he was being silly.. Now im not so sure. Ugh. This has just completely freaked me right out.
    And Azure, i would have been terrified!!! Couldnt imagine that omg.

The thing thats been weird is it actually feels like someone is messing with my head.. I have had constant nightmares all weekend, waking up terrified and just waking up randomly all through the night. Ugh its really scaring me :/ Also, this sounds nuts, but my cell phone has disapeared on me. I had it on the couch i text my friend and put it down their to go make dinner. After dinners done i go to look at my phone and couldnt find it anywhere. I have been calling it and i just cannot hear it! I have stood in every room trying to listen for it and its nowhere to be found..That was on Friday and i still cant find it, i havnt even been outta the house since my girl is sick..
    Just the weirdest things have been happening to me lately.. I feel insane lol!!
    I'd say listen to your gut. Often times when there is spiritual energy present, good or bad your body will react ex: hairs standing on end, chills, etc. If it continues to happen then i'd look into it, don't jump to conclusions. I however do believe in ghosts though, i've posted several threads about things that have happened at my bf's house.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Wait, you've only lived there for a few weeks? Then it's more likely that you're just not familiar with the noises the house makes. Houses make weird noises. And your bad dreams and the barking dog can be explained by you living in a new environment. And your cell phone did not disappear into thin air.

Even if your house is haunted or whatever (it's not, because that's not a real thing) just remember that no one has actually ever been harmed by these spooks that hang around. So stop freaking out and go find out what that noise is next time.
    There are tons of people who would say you CAN in fact be harmed by negative entities. It's never happened to me but of course if you provoke something evil, it's probably going to attack you by scratching, pushing..etc.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Do you think ghosts come in the female variety? If so I would rape them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast