+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The things we do to let go... feel free to share.

The things we do to let go... feel free to share.

He gave me a book with poems he wrote for me. I just wrote 2 things in it, parts of texts I wrote in my own own journal, it described 1 moment how I missed him terribly and 1 text is about wishing him well.

I am giving this book back to him. I'm mailing him this with some of his other belongings.

I wrote a lot of angry letters, about how I feel, I found one 2 weeks ago funnily enough. Music is a good healer, for both the broken and destroyer of the heart.

I speak to friends and family who love me and have my best interests at heart.

I am tempted to send also something edible in the package (no, not poisoned ;-) It is something I do, giving people food they like. Or that I like.

This is something that comes from the heart, but my head says: are you frecking crazy...? What to do, what is wise?

I wrote letters that never got sent. I think i'm glad I never sent them because some of the things in there were nasty but I feel a better person not for doing it.

All my buddies got tired/depressed hearing about my issues, so I started making platonic girlfriends on craigslist and whined to them about my woes. It was helpful getting another female's perspective, although I think they were just telling me what I wanted to hear so they could hook up with me while I was vulnerable.
    Last edited by 98db; 26-03-11 at 05:46 AM.

I don't need to let any anger out*.

If someone breaks up with me, I'm fine. Call me heartless, but if they don't want to be with me, then they weren't right for me. Yeah, I have a mind as simplistic and carefree as a child's. I don't care much about things I shouldn't care about and I feel no anger towards those who... well... Anyone. I used to get mad at things. Now I don't.

But I digress. Anyway, if a person wants to be "free", then more power to 'em. Call me passive, but if people want to do things their way, then whatever. Go ahead. Don't want to be with me? Okedoke. Good luck in the real world (obviously not where I am).

*No, I will need to let anger out for quite some time if I lose my current girlfriend. I waited about 8 years for this relationship; I'm not screwing this up.
    Last edited by Klim; 26-03-11 at 11:05 AM.

After a break up I put any love letters, cards, pictures in a box and put them somewhere hard to reach (attic). One day those things are fun to look at and remember good times, but while you're hurting they are very detrimental to the healing process.