+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she see me as a friend or want more ?

Does she see me as a friend or want more ?

This friend of mine, i've known for about a year now, started off just casually texting, i asked her out, she said she was flattered but wasn't looking for anything then and didnt expect me to wait around, fair enough, move on kinda thing. She started texting me shortly afterwards, awkward at first but over the months its stronger than ever. Text each over numerous times everyday, the kisses went from the normal 1 to 4 consistently, she's started to phone me as well as texting, see's me at work sometimes ( big night club bar worker). Stuff we talk about is just joking on stuff but also serious stuff she says she hasn't told anyone else.

Okay so i dont get this,she has other close male friends who she strongly points out are just her friends, couple days ago i bumped into her in town, spent an hour together before i had to go to work, seemed good, talked alot, she was laughing alot at things i said, hugged and cheek kiss when i went to work. I just don't understand the texting everyday throughout the day, I don't even talk to my other friends of either sex that much, and my dad was at my work before , he helps out with stock and such and when I told her who he was (she asked who he was) she went over and started talking to him, if she's out she'll always come into my work and talk to me, really confusing me.

I really dont see if i'm a friend or if she's hinting for more,feel like i'm being strung along, what would you do if you where in my position

If you like her, tell her! Let her know and then see how she reacts. I don't understand why people can't just say, "hey, I like you as more than a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by queenofheartsNY View Post
    If you like her, tell her! Let her know and then see how she reacts. I don't understand why people can't just say, "hey, I like you as more than a friend."
    He asked her out already so it should be obvious to her. As for why people can't just say that, it's because they will likely be rejected and rejection is painful.

@Balance11
    It seems that she is enjoying the attention she is getting from you. If I was in your position, my action would depend on my own feelings. If I had a huge crush on her, it would be too hard for me to be around her so I would ask her to not contact me until she was interested in dating. If I didn't have deep feelings for her I wouldn't mind having her around but wouldn't give her any more attention than I would for any other friend.

You give her attention, she will take it.....why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free? am I right? Like I tell most guys, if a girl wants you bad she will not be shy about it for she wouldn't want anyone else to have you. She wouldn't be spending all this time waiting. Also when a girl starts telling you secret things and talks about painful moments, etc, that is not I want to get with you talk, that is you are my best friend and I trust you talk. Do not ever look at it as intimacy because it's not. Like someone said on here she is using you as her emotional tampon. And sure as sh it when she meets someone you will be yesterday's news until something goes bad and she needs another tampon.

Thanks for all the replies, the more i look at the situation the more i realise you's are right, i'm cutting communication down, she how she reacts to it, if she isnt to bothered then yea good, i'll post back later with how it goes.

Ignoring someone will trigger them to pay more attention to you, but it won't make them desire you. Girls go by instant attraction. If she's turned you down that means never.