+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what annoys you most about a break up?

what annoys you most about a break up?

well ive just came out of a 4 year relationship with my GF at the time and at first it was all nice saying we will still be friends because she just wanted to be "free and single" and 2 weeks down the line shes blocked me on FB, changed her phone number (even thought i dont call) but what annoys me the most is throwing away for 4 good years and then treating me like dirt. Ive read alot of stories similar to this one and not to about 2 weeks ago did i ever think girls could be that spiteful.

I hate the not sleeping. It intensifies just how horrible you feel and compounds the problem even further. I can handle the mental and emotional pain okay, but sleep deprivation on top of all that is killer.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My ex did that too.....we dated for 5 years and when we broke up he said "We'll always be friends, I always love you...." blah blah blah, and then he cut me off completely. That was nine years ago, and he only just added me as a friend on Facebook two years ago. I was so annoyed about that.

The thing I hate most about breakups, is that most people ever break up with the person when we should.....we always drag it out because we can't face it, and then you end up getting pissy with them because you want to break up and don't have the balls to do it. You spend weeks, months, or even years being miserable with someone.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

How something so perfect (or what I thought was perfect) just goes down the pan. I also agree, my ex said we can be friends and then she blocks me on facebook a few days later. When we first broke up, I couldn't sleep well and when I woke in the morning, I just headbutted my pillow wanting to sleep again because that was the only way to not feel so depressed. I've been through hell and I'd hate to go through it again.

How strange, that the one breaking up cut the other off...why? I'd think the passive one, the hurt one would do it.

Bluesummer, you make a point here... the one who is tolerant, willing to accept the shitty things in a relationship is not the one who breaks up, but the one who wants it easy. Mmm... interesting...

I hate the fact you don't have a say in it, you have to take it. I hate the fact I don't have power, control over it.
    Last edited by Love&Life; 23-03-11 at 07:30 PM.

Not sleeping, not being able to eat and the random paranoia that she's out seeing other people!

Oh, finding out a 'mate' started sleazing on her within days! Scumbag!!

I'm hating the half and half. I can't fully cut her out of my life 'cuz she's leaving for 2 years and I don't want to regret turning my back on her. She needs my help, I want to help, but it's so ****ing hard to have her in my life but not the same way as before.

there are many things... in the beginning it was not sleeping, not eating, thinking about him incessantly, crying nonstop, wondering what was going on, feeling so hurt and pained and horrible.

2 months down the line... it definitely doesn't hurt as bad and as intensely, but it still does. i'll get random flashbacks of memories and feel really upset, or sometimes wish things could go back to how they were. a big thing that sucked was when i found out he was dating this girl already, and it was someone that i knew. that sucked. but i'm getting better each day =)

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    The thing I hate most about breakups, is that most people ever break up with the person when we should.....we always drag it out because we can't face it, and then you end up getting pissy with them because you want to break up and don't have the balls to do it. You spend weeks, months, or even years being miserable with someone.
    this happened to me. there was a point when I was really not happy with my ex, and I thought about dumping him but I felt really scared and hurt by my own thoughts so I talked myself out of it... now looking back, I see that it really was not meant to work out and those thoughts came to me for a reason. it sucks that he was the one who broke up with me when I thought about doing it long before

my expenses on beers and cigarettes
    The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you.
    Anonymous

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's not treating you "like dirt" she is simply moving on. It's very likely she cares but in order to move on NC is in order that doesn't mean she hates your guts... she's just doing what she has to do...

Anywho... I hated hurting. I hated not getting laid, I hated seeing other people happy.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjaym View Post
    well ive just came out of a 4 year relationship with my GF at the time and at first it was all nice saying we will still be friends because she just wanted to be "free and single" and 2 weeks down the line shes blocked me on FB, changed her phone number (even thought i dont call) but what annoys me the most is throwing away for 4 good years and then treating me like dirt. Ive read alot of stories similar to this one and not to about 2 weeks ago did i ever think girls could be that spiteful.
    Lol, she probably took advice from me! When ppl break up I always tell them to cut the other off completely or it will prolong pain.. especially if the breakup was on bad terms. The best thing for you to do is to move on by finding other people to talk too. Her "free and single" sounds like shes got her eye on someone else anyway..

I find the devastating, heart-breaking sadness to be mildly annoying.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Ha ha that made me laugh Vincenzo.

Along with what everyone else has said I personally hate having to explain what happened to everyone especially as everything looked so perfect on the outside!!

Oh and no more cuddles
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Something similar happened to me. Ex cut contact because his new date told him to. Hated not being able to sleep, focus, or do anything right. Hated not being able to cuddle any more, and I most certainly hated how he was happy and acted like nothing happened at all.