+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex or marriage with a cousin. Opinions wanted.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Can't say I'm a big fan of the idea.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    springer.. i think that talk show was all staged...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Definitly against it.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

ok.. here is my one word on it.... EEEWWWW!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Well, I am against it until I saw a picture of my hot cousin. But I am still against it.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

never have, but I have a cute blond cousin who I've wanted to "get with" for years. I still kick myself in the ass for not trying one night. We were wrestling in the dark one night when I realized she had taken her pj's off, I asked her why and she said "to get more comfortalble". Damn if that wasnt opportinity knocking. But nothing ever happened, and for years I have been fantacizing about what it would have been like. Oh well.

[hillbilly voice] "Now you listen here, if anyones gonna be sleaping with my sister it's me!" [/hillbilly voice].

Man I made myself laugh trying to say that in real life in a hill billy voice. But yeah im against the idea... and I have had a cousin I hadent realy met except that time come on to me before and was not interested becouse I know what happens when you mix family!

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    i was watching jerry springer one time (i was hospitalized and that's all there was to do)
    haha good save

personally, I wouldn't mind other people doing it - depending on what genetic research says about it, which seems to be in dispute - but I wouldn't do it myself, eww. I've only met my cousins once when I was 15, but even still they're family, y'know?

Genetically this kind of thing is really interesting.

Here's a quote from a bbc article:
    ([url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/articles/emotions/faceperception1.shtml[/url])

...findings from the Perception Lab show that we tend to choose partners who look like our opposite sex parents. This seems to suggest that we prefer to mate with people who appear to share the same genes as us.

This apparent tendency towards inbreeding might come as a surprise. Inbreeding can cause harmful recessive genes to pair up in children, resulting in deformity or disease.
    In a well-known study, Dr Marion Petrie and Dr Craig Roberts of the University of Newcastle asked female volunteers to wear the same T-shirt for several days. Male subjects were then asked to choose which one smelt best. Men invariably prefer the smell of a woman with an immune system very different to their own.
    Children born to parents with different immune systems have a better chance of fighting off disease, suggesting that outbreeding has definite advantages.
    But Dr Petrie sees no contradiction between her findings and those of Perrett's. "There is an optimum genetic distance that is preferred. You don't want a mate that's identical because that would be inbreeding," says Petrie.
    "But if [animals] mate at too great a genetic distance, [they] could be mating with another species," she adds, "and that could be bad news."
    (at this point, if you say, "but we're not animals", I would ask you to think again. We are a product of evolution as every other life form. If you do not believe in evolution, you cannot also believe in genetics, and therefore incest should theoretically be okay for you! lol I love using logic on religion.)

The suggestion is that a little inbreeding is no bad thing, because it preserves useful combinations of genes that are adapted to your environment. Petrie believes that chemical cues from smell work in an opposite way to facial cues of attractiveness in order to strike this balance between extreme inbreeding and extreme outbreeding.

edit:

so, in conclusion.. if two cousins could smell the right kinds of genetics from each other and that caused them to be attracted to each other, thus resulting in perfectly healthy children, who am I to say it's wrong?
    Then again, if genetics can show that children from cousins are  __always__  at a higher risk of deformity or weak immune system or whatever, I'd say, EUWWW!!

The automatic disgust that I and everybody else has at the prospect of sex with a first cousin leads me to believe that there is a genetic, evolutionary reason for it. And this leads me to what must be the defining question of this issue: Are the people who get together with their cousins for some reason devoid of the natural disgust that is meant to prevent inbreeding? Or, can they sense that the cousin in question is different enough genetically? Genetic differences do vary, it's not just so and so much percent. You know -- some families look so similar, even more distant relatives.. and in other families, even siblings look completely different.

incidentally.. my cousins look quite similar to me. I would love to find a person who is not disgusted by the thought of sex with their OWN first cousin, and ask them how different/similar the cousin looks.

If genetics behaved differently, and, say, two people of the same hair colour getting together caused sickly children, this thread might be named "sex between two blondes.." and everybody would go "ick! that's horrible".

food for thought...
    Last edited by Tiay; 07-05-06 at 08:25 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who bumped this redneck thread? More importantly, WHY??
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

eh, why not?

(at this point, if you say, "but we're not animals", I would ask you to think again. We are a product of evolution as every other life form. If you do not believe in evolution, you cannot also believe in genetics, and therefore incest should theoretically be okay for you! lol I love using logic on religion.)
    I'm confused. How is religious belief incongruous with genetics?

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm
    I'm confused. How is religious belief incongruous with genetics?
    it isn't. Unless you're really fundamental and don't believe in evolution at all. Genetics supports evolution, you could almost say genetics is the means by which evolution works. So, if somebody doesn't believe in evolution, they can't logically believe in genetics either. Genetics says that sleeping with your relatives is bad because there isn't enough genetic variety, produces deformed children, which in turn means your gene line has died out.
    So, in our evolutionary history, everybody who showed natural disgust of sex with relatives has avoided their genes dying out. We are all disgusted by it, and we are after all the product of that natural selection.

You probably knew all of this already. I simply find genetics an endlessly fascinating subject..

Yet, some people are not as disgusted as others. Which leads me to wonder why that is. Is it a mistake? does it depend on the cousin? The article I linked before also had a bit about bird research that showed the birds studied actually preferred first cousins. I'm sure bird genetics are different, so maybe in that species, the first cousin is actually a good "genetic distance".

Cheese and Rice. There are six billion people on the planet. Leave your f-ing cousin alone, nasty!

argh , heck no ... sick sick . I cant even begin to imagine the shame me and one of my cousins would feel if the family knew , not to mention it would just be plain weird . i would be so embarassed to show my cock to my cousin ... i woulnt be able to even eat her out ... no matter how horny i am .

That's sick

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast