+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will I second guess myself forever?

I used to have a pretty bad wandering... eye. Yeesh.

Now, I am in love with/married to the woman of my dreams, and while I might notice if another woman is pretty, I have zero urge to "go there" anymore. I've got tunnel vision now, to the point where she's laughed at me because we've been on the phone and she's heard another woman flirting with me, and I didn't pick up on it.

I wish I could tell you that having doubts is normal: It's not.
    Only cowardly, pessimistic, inexperienced and insecure people experience doubt.

When I was soulless I was the exact same. You can bullshit all you want but "wondering if" denotes you are NOT satisfied with your girl, period.
    Having a wandering eye isn't normal. To those who have never had beautiful, intelligent, and incredibly deep women in their lives: it IS normal, which means it is abnormal to
    do so to the extent that you do it in. Imagining a life with them? What do you know of her?

If you have a curiosity about women?
    Don't marry this girl. Dump her, and tell her you need to experience life.
    The last thing we need on this planet is another cheater who- takes the opportunity when it comes to them: to cheat.

Regret happens when you're unfulfilled. Experience life more. Get out and live.
    Being with one woman? Stupid idea especially at your stage in your life.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you ever cheated on someone?

Yes 41%

No 59%

Have you ever been cheated on?

▪ Yes 68%

▪ No 32%

Number of guys who take off their wedding rings when they go out without their wives

▪ 1 in 3

Percentage of cheating men who get caught

▪ 80%

Percentage of couple who preserve their marriage after an affair

▪ 64%

Of those couples who remain married despite an affair, what percentage later describe the marriage as unhappy or empty?

▪ 78%
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    I wish I could tell you that having doubts is normal: It's not.
    Only cowardly, pessimistic, inexperienced and insecure people experience doubt.
    I agree, at least when it comes to this issue. For everything else in my life, I am completely opposite. Maybe that's why it feels so foreign and wrong to me.

The last thing we need on this planet is another cheater who- takes the opportunity when it comes to them: to cheat.
    I understand what you are saying, but I know that no matter how much it would bother me I wouldn't act on it, it's against my values. It's just a matter of me wanting to resolve it so that I can feel like I'm "complete' for her, even though I know it won't ever cause me to act against our relationship or cause me to pull away even in regret of what I missed.

Regret happens when you're unfulfilled. Experience life more. Get out and live.
    Being with one woman? Stupid idea especially at your stage in your life.
    Sound advice! However, you would be the only person I've heard to say that. Everyone else (friends, family, acquiantences, even complete strangers) all look at me strangely when they hear I'm not married or don't feel like I've had a experienced life. It brings up another question for you: Can one ever feel completely fulfilled, at least to the point they feel they are ready to move on to another important experience in life, such as marriage?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    can one ever feel completely fulfilled?

I was with a guy for five years and had the same doubts you've described. It was because I was unfufilled, the chemistry wasn't there. I loved him, cared deeply, but it wasn't enough. Now I'm with a guy that I want to spend the rest of my life with. I adore him, I respect him, I want to have his babies...lol. I've not had a single doubt since we got together. Other guys are of no interest to me at all, whereas with my ex, I was always wondering if I could have done better, what it would be like to get to know other guys etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    can one ever feel completely fulfilled?
    I never used to think so. Now I believe otherwise.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I never used to think so. Now I believe otherwise.
    you speak in riddles, clarify please

I personally think it's very possible to be fulfilled, but I think too many people don't settle, they always seem to want more.
    Green!

you speak in riddles, clarify please
    Before I married my wife, I did not think that it was possible to be completely fulfilled. Now I know better.

I am completely, head-over-heels, madly, desperately in love with my wife. She's the most wonderful, warm, caring, beautiful, sexy and amazing woman ever to grace the earth with her presence. And she's really smart, too! I am aware of her many flaws, and I embrace them along with the rest of her. Consequently, I do not put her on a pedestal, she's right where she belongs - walking the path beside me, my best friend, my lover, my partner, my wife, as I am hers.
    Last edited by HeartIsAching; 26-03-11 at 05:59 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Before I married my wife, I did not think that it was possible to be completely fulfilled. Now I know better.

I am completely, head-over-heels, madly, desperately in love with my wife. She's the most wonderful, warm, caring, beautiful, sexy and amazing woman ever to grace the earth with her presence. And she's really smart, too! I am aware of her many flaws, and I embrace them along with the rest of her. Consequently, I do not put her on a pedestal, she's right where she belongs - walking the path beside me, my best friend, my lover, my partner, my wife, as I am hers.
    and how long you been married?

and how long you been married?
    Not long. But I've known her for 20 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12