+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are religions become obstacles in relationship ?

Once again, a case of religion causing conflict.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Once again, a case of religion causing conflict.
    Actually, I think it would be better to label this as "religious intolerance causing conflict".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    Falling in love with a person of another faith and falling in love with a person who is married are two completely different things. How can you classify them together like that?
    Because it's still 'falling in love'.....just under differing circumstances.

Like I said, we always have a choice as to whether to pursue it or not.

@xxazurexx
    u r correct.. but to pursue it or not, I need opinions and advices from u guys. Not just blunt advice like 'to pursue or not'.. everyone know it already.

Thanks everyone for the opinions and advices.. Now I know what to do, I'll study catholic and while doing that, I'm gonna ask the priest about this problem.
    Truly thankful..

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by c4hyadi View Post
    I need opinions and advices from u guys. Not just blunt advice like 'to pursue or not'
    You need opinions? k:
    Your parents are evil, jealous and inherently selfish people because they
    don't like your girl YOU have chosen to marry strictly because she CHOOSES to believe something different than you/your family.

I can tell you that God would shit on your intolerant family and wouldn't allow you nor them to enter the Kingdom of heaven.

You: lack the balls to tell your family you WILL marry her with or without their blessing because you're a coward. All in the name of what? Religion?

God doesn't give a shit who you marry, just as long as you uphold his commandments, put him first, and love people.

You want advice? K:

Be a follower, a nancy, a lady boy who needs to be told how to think, who to love
    and how to live just to make: Your parents happy.

Honestly your girl deserves someone better.
    Who's going to stand up for your relationship/love and what you supposedly have together. Not some wimpy boy who bows to what OTHERS want and expect of him.

Weak.

Your parents are biased, ignorant, selfish, controlling and use Religion to control
    and enslave you. She deserves better.

And about faith: it doesn't come with facts and empirical data.
    Faith is strictly BELIEF.

If you don't blindly believe: it means you have a brain that is able to think for yourself.
    Which is a good thing. She was brainwashed to be Catholic, so it's not her fault as a child to be indoctrinated with such hypocritical nonsense.

However it's her choice.
    Either respect it? Or move on and get with a girl who has your same faith
    as long as mommy and daddy approve of her first.

Your parents are evil, jealous and inherently selfish people because they
    don't like your girl YOU have chosen to marry strictly because she CHOOSES to believe something different than you/your family.
    I can tell you that God would shit on your intolerant family and wouldn't allow you nor them to enter the Kingdom of heaven.
    You: lack the balls to tell your family you WILL marry her with or without their blessing because you're a coward. All in the name of what? Religion?
    God doesn't give a shit who you marry, just as long as you uphold his commandments, put him first, and love people.
    Dude, please calm down...
    I don't know about this, maybe different cultures. In my cultures, blessing from parents are everything.
    We need to respect our parents even though they were wrong.. Because they are our parents who gave birth to us and who provide foods, shelter, love to us until we grow up.

Hmm... did I ask opinion to God?

Be a follower, a nancy, a lady boy who needs to be told how to think, who to love
    and how to live just to make: Your parents happy.
    I'm 100% agree with u. Russel Peters said "I wouldn't even want my mom to pick my cloths. And she wants to pick my wives".. wkwkwk...

Honestly your girl deserves someone better.
    Who's going to stand up for your relationship/love and what you supposedly have together. Not some wimpy boy who bows to what OTHERS want and expect of him.
    If I she make me choose between her over my parents, then she is not for me. I deserve someone better. ;p...
    If I don't choose my parents over her then :
    1. In relationship, I will be and need to be obedient to her. My level will be below her.
    2. As a child from my parents, I will go straight to hell because I choose someone I just know then someone I knew from the 1st time I open my eyes to this world.
    3. How can I protect her if I can't even protect my own parents.
    4. In the end, she will think that I'm a low life that is not deserved to be with her. Coz I don't choose my parents.

That OTHERS that u mentioned is parents dude.. not some random people u simply ignored...

And about faith: it doesn't come with facts and empirical data.
    Faith is strictly BELIEF.

If you don't blindly believe: it means you have a brain that is able to think for yourself.
    Which is a good thing. She was brainwashed to be Catholic, so it's not her fault as a child to be indoctrinated with such hypocritical nonsense.

However it's her choice.
    Either respect it? Or move on and get with a girl who has your same faith
    as long as mommy and daddy approve of her first.
    Finally some good advices.. ^^

Thanks dude ^^

yet another reason why I hate religions... You should not do anything you don't believe in... and if you don't believe why even join a religion? Because you love this girl? If religion is so important why did she get with you in the first place? I met a beautiful Jewish girl once who was not one of those extreme ones but still needs to be with a jewish guy. We really liked each other and went on a few dates and stuff but it would never work because I was not jewish... I don't get it... That's just me though

Religions are not for make us, humans, divided. But, humans use the religions to divided themself.

Religious differences often mask bigger issues--namely, cultural differences. I don't have a problem with Baptists, but there's an underlying culture that I don't gel with. For instance, I'm not a "stiff-necked, pancake and bacon eating, family diner post church" type of a guy. Hell, I don't even drool over sticky buns, apple turnovers, or mashed potatoes. But, go to certain places and that's the trough-slop d-jour.

Another example: I date a diverse group of women. African American woman who is a Catholic versus an African American woman who is a Protestant? Huge difference. Give me the Catholic any day. And why's that? Because there is a cultural difference that goes beyond race that is the real place where division between people can occur. Nothing to do with religion per se, nothing to do with race either.

And, I'm not even Catholic.

sadie_genie Guest
    Religion is a hoax. There is no such thing as God. If there is then he would've answered my prayers by now.

But there are still idiots out there who does believe in religion and let it control their lives.
    Last edited by sadie_genie; 01-04-11 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Religion is a hoax. There is no such thing as God. If there is then he would've answered my prayers by now.

But there are still idiots out there who does believe in religion and let it control their lives.
    How many have said the same thing? Namely, god doesn't exist because he doesn't serve my will? I think the idea of religion (at least Judeo-Christianity) is that we serve god's will.

There are two groups of idiots: the idiots who think that just because they go through the motions of religion that they are saved. Then there are the idiots who think that god doesn't exist because he doesn't do what they want.

I believe in god and have experienced an intense religious experience, a truly beautiful experience. What I discovered is that god speaks very quietly and one has to be prepared to listen. He says very little but the meaning is rich. That moment was one of the quietest moments in my life--I was on a retreat and there was absolutely no talking allowed for four days, just in your own thoughts and in your own heart and mind. In my state of solitude and in my own contemplation, three words were "spoken" within my heart. It turns out that those three words were not something I had thought before and when I looked them up, it turned out that they had deep meaning and helped me to understand my purpose in life.

That being said, I'm not a religious fanatic--fanatics of any type are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    It turns out that those three words were not something I had thought before and when I looked them up, it turned out that they had deep meaning and helped me to understand my purpose in life.
    Can u share with us those 3 words.. I'm kinda curious. And it might help me too. Thanks..

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    How many have said the same thing? Namely, god doesn't exist because he doesn't serve my will? I think the idea of religion (at least Judeo-Christianity) is that we serve god's will.

There are two groups of idiots: the idiots who think that just because they go through the motions of religion that they are saved. Then there are the idiots who think that god doesn't exist because he doesn't do what they want.

I believe in god and have experienced an intense religious experience, a truly beautiful experience. What I discovered is that god speaks very quietly and one has to be prepared to listen. He says very little but the meaning is rich. That moment was one of the quietest moments in my life--I was on a retreat and there was absolutely no talking allowed for four days, just in your own thoughts and in your own heart and mind. In my state of solitude and in my own contemplation, three words were "spoken" within my heart. It turns out that those three words were not something I had thought before and when I looked them up, it turned out that they had deep meaning and helped me to understand my purpose in life.

That being said, I'm not a religious fanatic--fanatics of any type are idiots.
    Wow very nice post and very clever answer
    I wazzzz here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12