+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If a guy says they hate their ex does it mean they still have feelings for them? I'm

If a guy says they hate their ex does it mean they still have feelings for them? I'm

I'm dating this guy, and he broken up with his girlfriend a year ago. It was him who broke up with her because he said that they were losing connections and he asked his girlfriend if he wants to have kids in the future and she said no. But he wants to have children and start a family and he said they never had sex in the 4 year relationship.

They never really spoke after the break up until one time when they started talking and he told me he hates his ex and they ended up arguing. he said she was being unreasonable, does this mean he still have feelings for her?

Yes.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.

I'd say not to worry much if he's in love with you. It's good that you share with him your concern over this without accusing or confronting. Let him know it bothers you. I know I would appreciate that.

I say in a relationship love and hate can collide. I do hate my boyfriend a lot of the times

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by hello1 View Post
    I say in a relationship love and hate can collide. I do hate my boyfriend a lot of the times
    I dont believe its possible to love and hate someone at the same time.

I'd guess he over uses the word hate, and he doesnt truly hate her. Like the poster above says, i'd be less concerned if he was indifferent about her.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I talk about my exes a lot, and I still hate them.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy View Post
    I talk about my exes a lot, and I still hate them.
    No, no you dont. As i said, hate is an over used word.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

When they did you wrong and left you a lot of problems to deal with on your own, hate is the only word that is strong enough to use on them
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by qwertz View Post
    No, no you dont. As i said, hate is an over used word.
    INTRODUCING... qwertz the Mind Reader. Let's all give her a big round of applause. Thank yew! She'll be here all week.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I think it depends on the situation. For example:

My ex, said that he hated his ex. His ex that left him, got with someone else and was over him. Whenever she got brought up, all he would do was b*tch about her.. Call her names etc.. I found out a few weeks later that he had been texting her telling her he loved her and wanted her back.
    In this situation? His 'hate' for her was him still in love with her.

Another example:
    My ex, my daughters father. I havnt been or seen him in over 2 years now. I do hate him. Because he left me and my daughter to deal with life on our own with no help. Well, i dont HATE him, but i think he's a piece of sh*t. I dont have ANY feelings for him at all, he has a new girlfriend and i wish them all the best. Not really.. I hope karma kicks him in the ass.

IMO it depends on the reasons why they claim to hate their ex. You mostly 'hate' someone who has done something that effects you as a person in the present. When it doesnt effect you anymore, you would usually forget any feelings for them. Something that would effect you in the present being; Loving them and being sad your not with them..Or in my situation, struggling to this day with minimum wage being a young single mother.

Your Situation.
    How long have you been with him? How long ago did he talk to his ex? Were you guys together when he argued with her?
    I dont see why they would be arguing about something that happened in the past when he has a new girlfriend anyway..
    I think i may be a little worried to be honest depending on these answers. As he may hate her because he loves her and she didnt want the same things in life, therefore he had no choice but to leave her. She hasnt left him with anything that would effect him still to this day.. So my question would be, why does he care if he has someone new and doesnt still feel upset that she didnt want the same things?

I agree with JadenMia. I say I hate my ex-fiance, but that's because when I broke it off, she said and did unspeakable things to me. I have spoken to her once and seen her in person once. Talked to her because she wanted something back from me, and saw her to give it back and let her know I never want to see or hear from her again. I say I hate, but hate is a strong word, I strongly strongly dislike her. As JadenMia said, there is a lot of information missing to give acurate opinions on this subject. I would be non-confrontational when you bring it up with him though. Don't come off as judgemental. In my experiences when a girl has brought something up in a confronational way, I get angry right off the bat. Figure out a way to bring it up and talk about it in an unconfronational and non-judgemental way. Good luck.

I hate most of my ex girlfriends, wouldn't say id touch them again, even with a 10ft clown pole.

Quote Originally Posted by deathheart17 View Post
    I hate most of my ex girlfriends, wouldn't say id touch them again, even with a 10ft clown pole.
    Exactly my point as well.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Hate is a feeling but a negative one. So that is good.
    No sex in 4 year ... if you give it to him ... he will stay with you. That easy!
    In comparison with the other you will be a god to him.
    http://www.couponsitescript.com - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

http://www.codecoupondiscount.com - Coupon Site Script in Action