+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Deal With Being Alone?

Sounds like you've some really limiting beliefs about yourself and life.

It's very good to be able to be ok with being alone and I believe, necessary.
    I help people who are coming to retirement and believe their life is over.
    It is over, if you believe that.

Whatever you believe to be true, is true.

Start getting new beliefs about yourself. What do you want?

CraigT aneed4change

Who currently resides in San Jose California
    go to class go to church and talk to people in your class in your church.
    go to kickboxing class LOTS OF GUYS THERE. plus you get to use them as punching bags. LOL but talk to them

I used to suffer with a woeful lack of self confidence and lonliness. However, meeting people helped me greatly. I'm still not "Where I want to be", but I'm working on it. I do volunteering as well as my job, and try and have a good work/social balance in life. You have nothing to fear, but fear itself. The more you talk to people, the better.

I can't believe the concern at being 26 and a fear of being alone forever! I'm 26, I'm still dating around to find "the one".

I'm not super good looking, but I have success because I believe I will find success. My current gf is 23, many people would say she is out of my league (and she probably is, but I don't let that play into my relationship), and I know she probably won't be the girl I marry, but who the heck knows, dating is a game with very few concrete rules.

You need to love yourself, and project that onto someone else. I plan on dating well into my 30s before I get married, so there are guys out there who will date a 26 year old girl!

Suck it up princess, if you give up now, you might as well become a nun, but you have 20 good dating years ahead of you.

I understand

I have very much the same feelings and I understand 100% where you're coming from. The tips I have are not very good ones but they help a little;
    Exercising, even if its just walking. I choose to swim. It�s something productive to do and is a good way to relax. Maybe if you get motivated enough youll be keen to do some charity runs or marathons � training for something means I have to make some sort of schedule which I have to keep which takes up a lot of what would be �lonely time.ï It also has me feeling more fulfilled with myself.
    Hobbies. Get as many as you can, no matter how silly they might be. Having a hobby/hobbies will give you some positive things to focus on when lonely thoughts come to mind. Also inspires a sense of personal fulfilment.
    Get into reading and film, spend time with friends and hold your head high knowing that there is nothing wrong with being single. When you start dwelling on loneliness...go do something/anything distracting.
    Think about how much pressure is off your shoulders when you�re not involved in a committed relationship. You don�t need to worry about...anything except yourself. No partner to do wrong by you or cause you harm. You�re 100% independent and that is something to be proud of!
    I goggled this issue because I am having a hard time coming to terms with being alone also. I�m 25. I am not obese or very unattractive, but I have come to learn that there is not someone out there for everyone.
    I know how hard it is...I hope that even if my ideas don�t help that you�ll at least be comforted by knowing you�re not alone in loneliness.

But you need to get yourself a hobby. One that will take up a lot of time and effort. This way it will keep you occupied and your mind busy
    I appreciate this realistic response.

Spring is here. Do not get used to being alone. It's okay to be okay with being alone but make yourself get out. Walk around the park, bring a blanket and just watch people if you have to. Eventually your face will become familiar and others to you. Maybe you'll strike up conversations. ..or go to church where you'll be doing something positive and meet a lot of people. You have many years ahead of you and you need to enjoy life, and not alone. It's no fun!

Quote Originally Posted by theevilsamster View Post
    I appreciate this realistic response.
    Welcome

And I mean it...I've accepted the fact that I don't have a relationship, but that does not mean I'm alone.
    No one has a hobby that is unique. When you do stuff you like, you will eventually find people who like to do the same.

For instance: I ride motorcycles and I love photography. There are plenty of weekends where I can go riding with a couple of people or go out and photograph stuff.
    I've met a lot of people doing both these things...
    Can someone please explain what is so great about constantly being reminded of that which you cannot have?

Why would you want to be alone?
    Its great having lots of friends
    living alone is like saying you would rather
    talk to a cat than talking to people around you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12