+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would make everyone's pain go away if I could

I would make everyone's pain go away if I could

Being heart broken hurts so bad that if I could have a wish I would ask that no one would suffer from a broken heart anymore.
    It's just not fair.
    It makes me so angry that God let us suffer this way.
    Years ago I had my heart broken so bad and I begged to God everyday to help me and stop my pain but it took me almost 2 years for me to heal completaly. That was what made me start doubt of God. If God is so good why he makes us suffer so much?
    I did everything to move on. I didn't contact him, I got rid of everything that reminded me of him, I dated another person, I lived my life fully, I was always out with friends, work and doing things and it took me almost 2 years to forget him.
    Now I'm heart broken again, suffering again and hoping God helps me to get over him quicker.

or you could try not blaming God.

God gave you the tools to deal with this, if you choose not to use them that's not really his fault

Hi Bub,

God allows bad things to happen to bring a greater good out of them. The desert monks from antiquity used to call original sin the happy fault because by our sins, God sent His Son to save us.
    Hey, I'm on your side!

Carlos Augustine
    carlos, you can't do that. sorry.

This is sad. I am just starting to go through this and I hope that I don't have the same difficulty you did. I haven't prayed to God in a while but if this goes on for a few months, I will probably have to start going to church again.

I'm going through waves of happiness, okay-ness and utter depression. Every time I see her, or talk to her my heart and head go for a spin and I'm sick of it. I have a few months of this to look forward to.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    God didn't help you the first time, and he's not going to the second time, because he's not there. You need to suffer a second time to learn this? Stop praying for change and start making change.

The only person who can heal you is YOU. Stop dwelling on someone who is gone from your life, date lots of other people and see that there are other, better alternatives. If you don't let this person go you are not truly living your life.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by carlosaugustine View Post
    Hi Bub,

God allows bad things to happen to bring a greater good out of them. The desert monks from antiquity used to call original sin the happy fault because by our sins, God sent His Son to save us.
    God doesn't "allow" things to happen. If you believe that he does: no problem. I disagree.
    Things just happen...Some of them because you acted, others because you failed to act. And some happen just because.

If you sat in a corner for the rest of your life God would not bring the farm to you.

Free will= YOUR choice. Not "God's" choice. What God wants for you IS: irrelevant. Why?
    You choose what you do or don't. Supposedly you are judged based on what you did or did not do. Which again is derived from: choice.

Not God's will.
    YOUR will.

Quote Originally Posted by bubabalo View Post
    Being heart broken hurts so bad that if I could have a wish I would ask that no one would suffer from a broken heart anymore.
    It's just not fair.
    It makes me so angry that God let us suffer this way.
    Years ago I had my heart broken so bad and I begged to God everyday to help me and stop my pain but it took me almost 2 years for me to heal completaly. That was what made me start doubt of God. If God is so good why he makes us suffer so much?
    I did everything to move on. I didn't contact him, I got rid of everything that reminded me of him, I dated another person, I lived my life fully, I was always out with friends, work and doing things and it took me almost 2 years to forget him.
    Now I'm heart broken again, suffering again and hoping God helps me to get over him quicker.
    I think that is very commendable that if you had one wish you'd ask that no one suffer from a broken heart.
    But, perhaps you need a better perspective on things?

Don't you think that you're being so very selfish that while you beg for God to help you with a broken heart and pain (you created)
    while millions of people, women and children DIE each year of starvation?

You need to empower yourself, not wait for "God" to do it for you.
    You need to realize who you are: and this only comes from living life, experiences and getting out there.
    It comes from knowing that making love with someone you care and love for creates a lasting bond.

Nothing lasts forever and life as well as people: change.
    Investing all you are into just one person is asking for "heartbreak."

Quote Originally Posted by Horseyguy View Post
    or you could try not blaming God.

God gave you the tools to deal with this, if you choose not to use them that's not really his fault
    What tools? What makes you believe I'm not using "those tools"?

Quote Originally Posted by carlosaugustine View Post
    Hi Bub,

I like a lot what you wrote. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 98db View Post
    This is sad. I am just starting to go through this and I hope that I don't have the same difficulty you did. I haven't prayed to God in a while but if this goes on for a few months, I will probably have to start going to church again.
    98db this is very sad. I really hope you don't have the same difficulty I had.

Quote Originally Posted by robFord View Post
    I'm going through waves of happiness, okay-ness and utter depression. Every time I see her, or talk to her my heart and head go for a spin and I'm sick of it. I have a few months of this to look forward to.
    robFord

The same is happening to me. I'm going through a roller coaster of emotions but most of days I'm sad and depressed. I hope this pass soon for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    God didn't help you the first time, and he's not going to the second time, because he's not there. You need to suffer a second time to learn this? Stop praying for change and start making change.

The only person who can heal you is YOU. Stop dwelling on someone who is gone from your life, date lots of other people and see that there are other, better alternatives. If you don't let this person go you are not truly living your life.
    I didn't get you bluesummer. Why do you think God is not there? You don't believe in God?

I'm very proactive. I do everything to heal. I go out a lot, I'm always around my friends, making new friends, do not contact my ex, keep myself busy, got rid of everything that reminded of him... I do everything people say it;s good to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    I think that is very commendable that if you had one wish you'd ask that no one suffer from a broken heart.
    But, perhaps you need a better perspective on things?

Don't you think that you're being so very selfish that while you beg for God to help you with a broken heart and pain (you created)
    while millions of people, women and children DIE each year of starvation?

You need to empower yourself, not wait for "God" to do it for you.
    You need to realize who you are: and this only comes from living life, experiences and getting out there.
    It comes from knowing that making love with someone you care and love for creates a lasting bond.

Nothing lasts forever and life as well as people: change.
    Investing all you are into just one person is asking for "heartbreak."
    As I said I am very proactive but it is still hard for me to move on.
    I know who I am and what I want. I'm not perfect, of course, but no one is.
    I do get ou there, a lot actually.
    I didn't invest all I am into just one person, he was a part of my life, he made me promises and made me believe he was commited I guess it's at least normal to be heartbroken.

Quote Originally Posted by bubabalo View Post
    What tools? What makes you believe I'm not using "those tools"?
    Because if you were you wouldn't be blaming God for the way you are feeling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast