+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with breakup :(

Help with breakup :(

Okay well last Monday me and my boyfriend of over a year broke up. We had a baby together 2 months go. Well I have horrible PPD and for the past month all we did was fight, i horrible to him and Monday it got worse, I let my anger get the best of me and hit him. He told me it was over for good but I miss him so much and ive learned to control myself, of course he doesn't believe it and I don't blame him. I know he loves and misses me. My family has been trying to help me convince him to please try and talk to me about it. Finally yesterday he texted me with me texting him and asked how I was doing. Then we joked around for a bit and he went back to work. An hour later I told him I missed him then he says "we're not going to be able to be friends right bow huh?" i said "yea we can. I just wanted to tell you that I missed you. Do you miss me at all?" he says "yes I do, that's why I texted you". We talk for a while then tells me just because we're friends doesn't change anything. So I ask of there was another chance for us in the future. He said maybe but as of right now he doesn't see it. (ugh).
    Well this morning I texted him and asked if he was over me so I can just move on cause it's not fair for me to sit here and just hurt to. He goes "yeah just move on, I'm sure you met someone last night, that's fine". I'm sure he did not mean that at all by the way it sounded. But the question is, what is he trying to do? It's like he wants me to hurt. He doesn't want to try again now yet he doesn't want me to get over him? I don't understand :/. I explained to him that I'm changing and I want to to think about us again for a while and he never replied back :/.

Please no rude comments. I realized what I did wrong

I know a break up is a shock, the pain is horrible to deal with, but for now you must turn to your family for comfort and give him space to think things over. It has been known that there is a 3 month deadline with guys, if they feel they need to try again. So focus on your new baby and give it some time.

He probably wants some personal space at the moment, and at the same time let you cool down a bit...But that doesn't mean that he doesn't love you..He was still probably hurt after the fight, and instead of dwelling on the fight, he probably just needs to forget about it, even if that means he breaking up with you..If it's a guy thing, it pride was probably wounded and he will get over that the minute he starts to think about you and miss you again...And if he misses you and still loves you, you will know it in days, weeks or months..Let things cool off a little bit..Focus now more on loving instead of dwelling on the fight...All he needs is tender, loving care from you right now..

The way your ex is acting is very similar to the way my ex acted when he broke up with me. I thought that he keeping in touch it was a good sign but I don't know if we should take the fact that he wants to be friends, wants to keep in touch and be there for them or like mostly people say we should not contact them.

Most people say that contacting him is no good if we want them back. They say NC is the best thing for you and him.

I still want my ex back but contacting him all the time wasn't doing no good for me, for this reason I asked him to not contact me. I needed time to move on but before that I made clear to him that I wanted to be with him. Since I asked him that he haven't contacted me. He answers when I contact him but if I don't initiate he doesn't which is showing me that he has no urge or desire to contact me.

Maybe you should do the same, don't contact him, give him the time and space he wants and se what he does, how he acts. You were clear to him that you still love him and you are willing to work things together. He knows that and now it's up to him.

I know it's hard but you will have to patient and wait. Only time it will show you and him the truth.

Surely he comes round to see the baby, assuming he is the father? This is the time to win his trust back, smile and flirt with him, talk to him and let him leave on a good note, that way he'll miss you! But don't initiate the contact! Let him come to you.