+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex boyfriend broke up with me and started going out with his friend after

Is my ex bf in a rebound relationship?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me 2 months ago and i have just found out hes been dating somebody who was his friend when me and him were together.

He got with her straight after we broke up, a part of me believes he could be using her to get over our a break up. But then the other part of me believes he may have genuine feelings for this girl as they knew each other from before?

Im so confused, is my ex boyfriend who im struggling to get over in a rebound relationship?

Im coping with us not being together but the fact that he is with someone else, and the fact they were friends to start out with makes me feel physically sick. Makes me wonder if he was cheating on me!

please help
    Last edited by SarahA; 28-03-11 at 01:09 AM.

I was thinking the same thing about my Ex. The sad truth is that it doesn't matter. Unless you are trying to learn from mistakes in the relationship or trying to get him back, the best thing to do is probably let him go and not think about why things ended and what he is doing now.

It's definitely a lot harder then it sounds because I still think about the good times, but somebody told to think about those memories like a shooting star that came and went.

Why 3 threads of 'copy and paste'?!?!?

I dated a guy for two years and he broke up with me and got with one of our best friends. They both betrayed me. I KNOW he cheated on me due to the way he tried avoiding me then he later admitted it. They ended up dating for about four years! so it was not just a fling. She ended up cheating on him. Ha karma. Point is, rebound or not, you need to focus on moving on try everything you can to forget him. Then a few years down the line you'll be thankful for what you learned from the horrid experience

its possible he didnt cheat on you but wanted to be with the other girl and did the honorable thing of letting you go first. You probably feel like a piece of crap that no one wants and it hurts that he has someone to share his thoughts and pain and you have no one. It sucks now but it will definitely make you stronger and a better person later. Right now you need to get rid of everything he's given you, put away or toss pictures and gifts, socialize, start a hobby, and tell yourself that its HIS loss.

my ex did the same EXACT thing sweetie. same exact thing. it was a girl we both knew and both used to work with, he always talked shit about this girl, said she had a bad body, was annoying, talked too much, hated working with her, blah blah. I always knew she had a thing for him, I could just tell. he assured me they were "just friends", said she reminded him of his aunt and it grossed him out. well, we broke up and 2 months down the line they're dating. I was really upset when I first found out... shocked, heartbroken, it felt like I was being dumped all over again. but honestly I got a couple good cries out, and now I'm fine! the way I see it is that they chose to date US first, so these people are just 2nd choices and they can have our sloppy seconds. they weren't right for us, and maybe these girls are better for them. I can't even be upset about it anymore, and you shouldn't either! please PM me if you need to talk cause I understand completely

Quote Originally Posted by ashley89 View Post
    my ex did the same EXACT thing sweetie. same exact thing. it was a girl we both knew and both used to work with, he always talked shit about this girl, said she had a bad body, was annoying, talked too much, hated working with her, blah blah. I always knew she had a thing for him, I could just tell. he assured me they were "just friends", said she reminded him of his aunt and it grossed him out. well, we broke up and 2 months down the line they're dating. I was really upset when I first found out... shocked, heartbroken, it felt like I was being dumped all over again. but honestly I got a couple good cries out, and now I'm fine! the way I see it is that they chose to date US first, so these people are just 2nd choices and they can have our sloppy seconds. they weren't right for us, and maybe these girls are better for them. I can't even be upset about it anymore, and you shouldn't either! please PM me if you need to talk cause I understand completely
    Ashley, it's his lost, remember karma, he will get the betrayment from the wonderful partner next time. Just live good and show him that he was nothing and get a better bf to proove that to him ;-).