+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help very confused

Please help very confused

My situation is that I recently reconnected with my first love aftern 13 years apart. We had been texting regularly for the past few months. When we finally met, it was awkward but ended up pretty good. Just letting each other know where we were at really. Then he asks me out for drinks and I accept, I end up waiting 2 hrs for him and eventually left. He sends a text saying do you want to meet now at like 11pm on my way home which i ignored. I assumed I'd hear back the next day but a few days later he says sorry and that he ran into his recently broke up with gf., so i said ok so i guess thats it then because your obviously back togther it sounds like. He denied this and still wanted to meet again. I declined until the next day when i gave him another chance. We went out, had a decent time but then he asked me in later. While playing a game of pool we had a lot of playful banter going on, which lead to flirting and us passionately making out. We almost did it but I stopped him. He seemed put off but still ok because it was getting really late. I wasnt sure what would happen and felt stupid for letting this happen so quickly, but it seemed like we really connected again. The next few days my cell was on the fritz so i didnt get a text asking me out to dinner.
    I got back to him when it came back on and he didnt repsond. A few days went by and i asked if i did something wrong, eveything ok, he said I didnt do anything wrong and that he didnt have time on his phone left. Since then I texted him again and he has not responded. I really dont get it so i hope someone can shed some light??

It's either bad communication problems or he's not sure.

Standing you up on that first date should have been a huge red flag! Don't contact him, the ball is in his court now to make it up to you and try win you back. You should decide very soon though to move on and forget him, as he doesn't sound like he's ready to make the time for you, let alone the effort!

Thanks I pretty much agree except I needed to clarify that he made me wait on our 2nd date (not thats thats a huge improvement) and its just so wierd because like i said i knew we both felt it that last night and thats why he got right back to me the next day asking me out to dinner, so i dont know if his ego is bruised thinking i didnt respond on purpose but either way i gave him the benefit of the doubt by seeing him again. I just hate the fact that he might think Im getting back at him or its a game, but its crazy that after communicating for months he will not respond at all now.

I just dont get men at all i guess, but thanks again for your help!

He's trying to have his cake and eat it too. He figures you have enough of a history and connection that he can keep you on the back burner until he sorts his stuff out with his recent gf. Not saying that he doesn't like you, I'm sure you guys still have chemistry and feelings buried deep, but this guy is definitely up to no good.

Cut off all contact with this jerk. His recent behavior reveals that he has no respect for you as a human being. If this how bad he treats you when he is trying to get back together with you, imagine how much worse he will treat you when he starts taking you for granted.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Your a rebound. He just broke up with his ex and he came back to something familiar.......you. Don't kiss him and definitely don't have sex with him and see how he acts.

Never wait two hours for a date to show up. Wait 15 minutes, maybe a half hour, and then leave with your self-respect still intact.

Thanks so much to everyone, it's really helpful to get the male point of view. Love blinds people i guess, time to buy some glasses i guess!

Update: This guy has completely stopped texting me, have tried calling him a cpl times before but no answer. He actually didnt give much of an explanation as to our breakup 13 years ago and that was part of us reconnecting for me to find out, his response was "we broke up". Actually he ended up with someone else imediately, then another. I think he is a serial monogamist who's afraid of rejection and committment at the same time. But this is just such bull s**t that i can be hurt the same way by the same person this many years later. I am extremely upset and still very confused by this, i just want answers damn it and he wont give me any. Please help

The answer is that he is a shallow narcissist and you shouldn't lose any sleep over him being a tool. You're too good for him, and you can find somebody who will treat you right if you stop obsessing over this selfish loser.

The past is in the past spilt milk is more important
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~