+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bare with me here..... I think my teacher has a crush on me

Bare with me here..... I think my teacher has a crush on me

Ok, so here goes… I have a feeling that my chemistry teacher has a crush on me. Please don’t call me delusional, or tell me that I need to seek help. Although you’re more than welcomed to. I KNOW this violates her contracts and her morality codes, so no need to remind me of this. Thing is, I have the BIGGEST feeling that she does. I’ve been following my intuition about this. Her body language, the way she talks to me, the look in her eyes when she sees me, tell me so. But enough of my intuition, I want to know your opinion on this, and I’ll give you a brief description as to what she does.

She stares at me a lot, I can’t emphasize it enough, and I always catch her staring at me, whether it’s in the hallways, the cafeteria or during class while we’re doing class work. Of course it’s her job to watch out for me but really does she need to stare for extended periods of time? She also smiles at me very often and when I make small talk she’s all ears, stops what she’s doing, jokes around with me, and asks me questions Another thing that stands out to me is how she constantly repeats my name when it isn’t necessary. Even when I e-mail her for missing work she types out my first name. She also likes to twirl her hair when she notices me looking at her, as well as walking back and forth from where I’m standing in the hallways in the morning. She also brushes against me when we walk past each other when there was enough room….by now some of you are thinking this kid is way over her head or is manipulating the situation, so stop reading if you are.

During class, when she helps me, she tends to lean in really close and move closer to me, almost touching me; she also looks me deep in the eyes, and uses a very low tone when she speaks to me, when no one is even around. One time she put her hand on my desk and I felt as though she wanted me to hold her hand. She also smiles at me a lot during class; I don’t see her doing that with any other students. Every time I’m around her a big cheesy smile runs across her face, and she leans in a little, and maybe it’s just her eyes, but I see something very inexplicable in her eyes when I talk to her. They look all big and innocent. Maybe that’s just how they always are =P. I personally feel something passionate when I’m alone with her. Whatever I’ve been going on for a while now, so here goes, my question is, what do you think her reasons are? & lemme make something clear, I’m bisexual, and I like her. Again like I said I KNOW this is illegal and in all honesty I wouldn’t make a move, because I wouldn’t want to face the consequences afterwards, and it would jeopardize her career, as well as mine (getting expelled wise.) I like the fantasy and I know I can move on, because no way will I think a relationship would emerge. She’s 24 (she told the class her age at the very beginning of the year.) Single? I don’t know. But what do you guys think? She likes me? Or is this just wishful thinking?

I'm sure she likes you as a student. Maybe she dotes on you a bit more than other students. But does she like you romantically? Probably not. What does it matter anyway? You know nothing is ever going to come of it.

When you have a crush on someone, it is very easy to interpret things to your advantage. We've all done it. We take little things as proof that the other person has feelings when they actually don't. Chalk it up to wishful thinking, and forget about her. It's a waste of your emotional energy.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure most of us have had crushes on teachers and other figures of authority. Junior year English teacher mmm.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    When you have a crush on someone, it is very easy to interpret things to your advantage. We've all done it. We take little things as proof that the other person has feelings when they actually don't. Chalk it up to wishful thinking, and forget about her. It's a waste of your emotional energy.
    this is absolutely true! people have a way of convincing themselves that these things are actually happening. i have done this myself. you are seeing what you want to see.

you will realize this later on, trust me!

Post pictures or it never happened.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's a possibility you may be reading more into it than what's there. Have you tried just ignoring her and her attention?

I had a very hot 24 yr old soccer coach for my high school soccer team, senior year. He kicked a ball at my chest, the mud made two boob-marks, and he made a comment about it. After that day, I was convinced that he was staring at me constantly. I wish.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

If you want to impress your teacher perhaps you should pay attention to your spelling. The word is 'bear' and not 'bare'.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    If you want to impress your teacher perhaps you should pay attention to your spelling. The word is 'bear' and not 'bare'.
    Shut up, Bois.