+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex is moving out tonight

Ex is moving out tonight

Ugh, I hate this. The Ex has been moving out for the last few days and tonight she should be out for good. I am just sitting at a bar down the street waiting for her to finish so I can go to my empty house. This is so depressing. We both understand that neither of us is going to make each other happy but that doesn't seem to ease the pain.

I am just sad and could use some words of encouragment and your positive thoughts. Thanks.

I don't know your story but we've all been their man. Since you guys lived together I know you must of gotten pretty close and that always makes the breakup harder. Don't let this bar thing become your usual evening medicine to cope with the loss though. Get out of that bar when she's done packing her stuff up and gone and you go deal with that shit bro. Deal with it now so you can move on later. You should know that you're not the only one man, their's lots of people here who have been their, including myself and I'm not gonna lie to you, it's gonna get worst before it gets better but trust me........it DOES get better! Keep ya head up man!

Sorry about your breakup.

But! You now have an empty house to fill up with your own things. That can be really fun and therapeutic. Hang your stupid neon Budweiser sign on the wall, or whatever! Leave the toilet seat up and be unapologetic about it! Never make your bed! Eat dinner over the kitchen sink! Drink beer in the bathtub! Be a cool bachelor in your bachelor pad.

You're going to be fine.

Change stuff around!

Sitting in the house with it looking exactly the same but feeling empty will drive you insane. Change your furniture around, hook your playstation up to your big tv in the lounge and get some big ass speakers to blast out gunfire as you play call of duty or watch a film! Look on this as a great new opportunity, you can now go anywhere and do anything without having to report in to anyone or justify your actions etc. Ring your friends, do stuff, go out, have the lads over, book a holiday!
    Join a gym, lift weights and start feeling good about yourself again