+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are female impressions of anti-social, introverted guys?

What are female impressions of anti-social, introverted guys?

I'm not talking about shy, low-confidence guys. I'm talking about guys who are confident in who they are but they don't have any desire to be part of the crowd. The anti-social, introverted type of guys who prefer being alone or with you. The ones who doesn't go to parties or social gatherings because he dislike crowds, the rebel or lone-wolf. So ladies, what are your impressions of this type of guys? Dislike or like?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's a tough one.

I would say a mix of both. Dislike that he wants to hide himself away from the world, like that he sees through the bullshit of the social masses.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I'm a sucker for those guys=) For years I was a Taylor Lautner kind of girl (don't judge, I hated those movies) but even then, the thing I liked the most about him was the fact that he was a typical "lone wolf" and someone I wish was my best friend. Introverted guys seems so interesting because they're not obvious, and I have a lot more in common with them. my ex was extremely social and I may have been the most boring girlfriend he's ever had; all i wanted was to watch thrillers and documentaries! My current celebrity fascination is Jesse Eisenberg. He's so nervous on interviews, and really down to earth, sarcastic and smart. I don't even care about his confidence, he just seems very interesting to know=)
    Last edited by imagineallthe; 29-03-11 at 05:58 AM.

What does it matter? It's not like the women will see any of those anti-social or introverted guys since they don't ever go out.

touche : P

sadie_genie Guest
    I had a bad experience with a guy like that so I would have to say, I dislike them. I had the impression that very introverted people have such a big but fragile ego, that they are not willing to take a chance interacting with other people. Also, they have trouble empathizing with other people because of their lack of social interaction.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    I'm not talking about shy, low-confidence guys. I'm talking about guys who are confident in who they are but they don't have any desire to be part of the crowd. The anti-social, introverted type of guys who prefer being alone or with you. The ones who doesn't go to parties or social gatherings because he dislike crowds, the rebel or lone-wolf. So ladies, what are your impressions of this type of guys? Dislike or like?
    I like strong and silent, but I don't think I would care for someone who was this anti-social. It would make me think he has difficulty getting along with people, and perhaps even has an attitude problem involving feelings of superiority.
    Last edited by vashti; 29-03-11 at 12:10 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I like strong and silent.
    By silent, you mean the guy is quiet and doesn't say much?

Anti-social does not mean a guy lacks social skills, it only means he dislike being among crowds. Introverts can be pretty talkative on a one on one basis but they are usually silent in a group settings, preferring not to be in the lime light and attracting attention to themselves so that they don't have to engage in meaningless small talks.

Quote Originally Posted by sadie_genie View Post
    Also, they have trouble empathizing with other people because of their lack of social interaction.
    What you describe isn't the same type of person I am referring to. In fact, many confident introverts can empathize with people better simply because they understand themselves well and can see through people's fake persona and usually can read a person very well. They are the silent observer that as bluesummer described that can see through the bullshit of social masses. They interact with people more on a one on one basis because they prefer to get to know an individual in a more intimate level than merely superficial interactions that usually goes on in massive social gatherings.

Its not a bad thing. My boyfriend of four years is kind of like that. Not that he's completely a lone-wolf or totally anti-social. He hangs out with people once in awhile, but I like that. I like that he likes to be with me more than others, but when the time comes he is able to be social. But we are both kinda like that..we like to chill at home, not big party people..the occasional is okay.

I have some friends who are like you describe, and they all have happy marriages, so clearly it is not a deal-breaker for everyone. Just as there are all sorts of guys, there are all sorts of girls, so the lone wolf just has to find a girl who is like that herself or at least compatible with that. My bf is somewhat introverted, and we balance each other quite nicely.

I'm intrigued by them and find myself wanting to get to know them better likely because I don't see any around here and a lone wolf like that reminds me of myself. I'm into the down to earth and intelligent guys so if he has those traits as well - then all the more interesting.

That being said, the two relationships I had with other "lone wolfs" didn't work at all. I think the attraction stems from the feeling that I don't feel I fit in with the normal youth myself and sometimes am really in need of someone who knows what I am talking about and who I could have some more in depth conversations with. Someone to relate to. So not necessarily am I intrigued by them because I want a relationship - more to be with someone I have more things in common with. So I find the introvert, somewhat anti-social girls pretty interesting too.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    By silent, you mean the guy is quiet and doesn't say much?

Anti-social does not mean a guy lacks social skills, it only means he dislike being among crowds. Introverts can be pretty talkative on a one on one basis but they are usually silent in a group settings, preferring not to be in the lime light and attracting attention to themselves so that they don't have to engage in meaningless small talks.
    Actually, no it doesn't. Antisocial is a negative label. Introvert is not. this is the dictionary definition of anti-social:

n·ti·so·cial   
    [an-tee-soh-shuhl, an-tahy-] Show IPA
    –adjective
    unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people: He's not antisocial, just shy.
    antagonistic, hostile, or unfriendly toward others; menacing; threatening: an antisocial act.
    opposed or detrimental to social order or the principles on which society is constituted: antisocial behavior.
    Psychiatry . of or pertaining to a pattern of behavior in which social norms and the rights of others are persistently violated.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm pretty sure that antisocial also has a less negative meaning.

[URL="http://oxforddictionaries.com/view/entry/m_en_gb0032570#m_en_gb0032570"]antisocial[/URL] [Oxford dictionary]

1 contrary to the laws and customs of society, in a way that causes annoyance and disapproval in others:
    children's antisocial behaviour
    * Psychiatry sociopathic.
    2 not sociable or wanting the company of others.
    Perhaps "unsociable" would be less ambiguous in this case, though?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To me that means boring. And boring doesn't keep me interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast