+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Im in love with my best friend, help?

Im in love with my best friend, help?

Ok so heres the story. This might come off as high school drama but i would still like some help. About three years ago i met this girl who remain nameless. From the moment i met her ive wanted to go out with her. The year i met her she found out i had a crush on her and stopped talking to me. Then i lied by telling her it was a misunderstanding. And we've become best friends ever since. My problem is, is that ive been deeply in love with her for the past 3 years and i think i may have made my way into the "friend zone" with no way out. But on the other hand, we play fight, she hugs me, we hang out alone all the time, and like a bunch of people assume were going out. For example today i actually had someone come up and tell me "hey, are you and *soandso* going out."
    So its kind of like a mixed signals thing. And if it helps for any astrology people, she is aquarius and im a libra, just saying. But when it gets down to it, im in love with my best friend and have no idea what to do about it.

I'm in the same boat as you friend... I wish I could give some better advice.

it chill dude, but yea...this sucks

Base on what you wrote, you come off as a girly guy. Play fighting, hugging, horoscope? That's kind of what girls do. It would explain why she place you in friend-zone. She is simply not attracted to you. So you need to work on being more attractive to her. You need to be more of a guy around her. Be cool, be cold sometimes, and tease her. Are you in good shape? If not, hit the gym and start reshaping your body so you are more fit. Dress better. Don't always give her your attention. Make her work for it. Ignore her sometimes. Don't always be available. If she wonders why you guys don't hang out as much, just say you been busy but promise to hang out with her next time. Try and date other girls. When a guy is desire by many girls, other girls will view them as having high value. She needs to start noticing that you are a desirable guy. Only then can she finally see you differently and develop some interest. It's not easy since it's been 3 yrs she knows you pretty well. So you have a difficult path ahead. But you need to make some changes in you if you want a shot at her.

I'd say try not to impress her the way you would to a new girl. She's known you for three years. So I don't think you trying to impress her with your looks or behaviours will work so well. To her you'll always be the person she knows you to be. I'd say flirt with her from time to time and see her reactions. You should be able to tell if she's interested or not. Depending on that you could decide to ask her out or not. Flirting may get you out of the friend zone. Get out of the friend zone or see her date other guys, get in relationships and eventually getting married. She may or may not like you back but will appreciate your honesty and the fact that you were friends with her for 3 years because you loved her. Mate, you've loved this girl for 3 years. I wouldn't give up without a fight. You have nothing to lose but so much to fight for. From experience I can say you'll become even better friends if nothing else. And don't date other girls before you share your feelings with her or she'll wonder if you really loved her.

You decide, bru. Do what you believe is best for both of you whatever that is. Good luck.

I am in the same boat.

@ bonfire Im not the one playfighting, she is and like i dont do sports im a music nerd,and in a band witch she says she finds sexy

yea bonfire i think u got the wrong idea from that xD im not much of a girly guy, im not very bulky or manly but im far from girly

I was in the same situation recently. From my experience, talk to her about how you feel. The worst that can happen is she won't feel the same way. Its hard to keep best-friend duties and your feelings from her seperate. Believe me I'm in love with my best friend. We talked about it,but its just not working out right now. We've become closer friends. If she doesn't feel the same way; it'll get easier over time. It'll be weird hanging out for a bit, but trust me man, it'll get easier ifit goes awry. Be you, tell her how you feel, and most of all, be sincere.

Good Luck Bud!!!

thanks, now i just need to confidence to do that Dx

took me a while to do it bud. just gotta dive in andhope for the best, otherwise you'll keep rethinking it.

Yeah, do something guys always do. Don't play in the girls' zone. You might feel like you can see her more and get closer to her, but she won't feel the way you do.