+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to give a guy your phone number

How to give a guy your phone number

Okay, so I've talked to this guy a few times after his show (he's a performer) and we have always had very pleasant conversations but I am only able to talk to him for like ten, maybe fifteen minutes at a time. I want to have a longer conversation with him so I wanted to give him my number but I don't know how to do it.

A few things you should know about this situation: 1) he's a well known performer in this town and probably has a lot of girls that think he's hot and what not. 2) according to a mutual friend he is very private. 3) I will be moving to the town he works in within the next couple months.

I don't want to come off as desperate in any way and I also don't want him to think I'm just another girl that comes to his show and likes him. Please help! I don't know what to do!

One way, I could think of is simle and ask him if he would like to have your number. Then you can either write it down on a piece of paper or ask for his mobile to type it down for him. Guys love the direct approach and it would most certainly make you stand out from the rest of the girls. Every bit is useful if you think there is competition
    Why not ask for his number instead, though?

To make sure that you don't come off as desperate, don't start by "oh, please, please, please take my number".

Hun it's not the 1950's anymore....it's ok for a women to ask a man out on a date with out seemingly being slutty or a whore. He already knows you somewhat so it wouldn't give him a bad impression for you to make a move first.

Just say "Hey if you are not doing anything tomorrow afternoon, would you like to meet for lunch?" If he says he is busy, you say "Well here's my number if you change your mind, or you can give me a call sometime when your time is freed up". Wow it couldn't be any simpler.....

Yep! i wish women would get it out of there heads that there isn't a man on Earth who would think you're desperate for handing out your number. NEVER HAS BEEN AND NEVER WILL!

Who ever wrote the book on how women are supposed to behave in a relationship? I just want to punch them hard in the face!!

You can try an "inception" type idea to make it seem like it was his idea if you're too shy. After you have a good conversation and one of you has to go, simply say "I'd love to continue this conversation at another time, how can we go about doing that?" This should be a big hint for him to say, "What's your number?" Just be forewarned, if he doesn't say that, you'll have to be assertive and tell him to take your number.
    Always tell people exactly how you feel, at that exact moment. If the moment has passed, let us help you:
    www.HopeYouGetThis.Com

L’esprit de l’escalier

Nothing better than a girl who asks for your number. Go for it. This is 2011, he wont think your desperate, he will just think you like him. There isn't anything more too it. Just say you would like to see him more often and ask if you can give him your number.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HopeYouGetThis View Post
    You can try an "inception" type idea to make it seem like it was his idea if you're too shy. After you have a good conversation and one of you has to go, simply say "I'd love to continue this conversation at another time, how can we go about doing that?" This should be a big hint for him to say, "What's your number?" Just be forewarned, if he doesn't say that, you'll have to be assertive and tell him to take your number.
    Clever, only if he doesn't ask for her number, perhaps he simply isn't interested?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'd say, possibly. Not definitely.