+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it possible to like the looks overtime?

Is it possible to like the looks overtime?

I met a guy, he is nice and fun but his looks, I mean he looked ugly. But I dated him anyway and now half a year and now I dont see him ugly anymore, his looks are amazing. Has it ever happened to u ? Can a person look ugly and then beautiful ?

if you learn to love somebody for who they are, looks are not as important.

Have you ever heard of a couple where one suffers a tragic life-changing accident where their bodies are permanently deformed that still love each other? Looks don't matter to them.

Personality can make a big difference if you stick around after the first impression.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Absolutely possible. And I have had it happen to me! I felt like she wasn't pretty and even avoided eye contact for awhile.. Than i found out her personality was deadly attractive: confident beliefs, herself despite concerns of others, adventurous, and completely down to earth in understanding. Sure is strange how it just comes up out of no where; kinda makes you wish did things different in the past.
    If life is just a game we play, than just play it.

yes.. my sisters husband.. she didnt think he was that good looking... for me looks go as far as initial attraction and then its built from there...

Almost anything is possible when it comes to love.

i didn't think my ex was super hot. i thought she was hot ... but not SUPER HOT. over time tho i realized she was perhaps the most amazing sexy hot beautiful girl ever, and i haven't met someone as 'hot' or attractive as her in months and months, dam her! lol.... so yeh, to some extent i guess. wouldn't go as far as to date something i thought was ugly tho.

theres also a difference between attraction and looks.. you can think somoene isnt good looking but be attracted to them

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes. My man was short, a little too short for my liking but I gave him a chance we're engaged 4 years later and I think his height is absolutely perfect for me now.

The more you know somebody, the more you find attraction in many aspects of a person, not just looks. While his looks might not have actually changed, your viewing of his looks has changed. I am glad to hear that your relationship is going well.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Absolutely. Somehow I've always got into relationships with girls who are hot, who could get far more handsome boyfriends than me, yet they found me attractive. Friends have always said 'she's well fit, what the hell is she doing with you!?' Lol

Of course, I never let them find that out!

As others have said, a persons confidence, personality etc can make them appear far more attractive than just looking at their image without knowing them.