+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: complicated men

complicated men

Why do guys shield thier feelings?

I dont shield mine really, im a guy

So if there was something bothering you, you would be open about it?

They are protecting their ego, expressing their feelings is a sign of weakness and ultimately they are afraid to get hurt.

if something bothers me I do express it. But honestly I think it would be better for the relationship if I keep it in....

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    They are protecting their ego, expressing their feelings is a sign of weakness and ultimately they are afraid to get hurt.
    *sigh*.. I am a very open and honest person, so if i have the decency to say whats on my mind, i expect my other half to do so.. Its got nothing to do with bloddy egos! ahh why do men think that women have some kinda vendetta against them? be more open then you will have a better relationship

Quote Originally Posted by justcheckin View Post
    if something bothers me I do express it. But honestly I think it would be better for the relationship if I keep it in....
    But what if she wanted to talk about a problem within the relationship? you would just bottle up your feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by SarahA View Post
    *sigh*.. I am a very open and honest person, so if i have the decency to say whats on my mind, i expect my other half to do so.. Its got nothing to do with bloddy egos! ahh why do men think that women have some kinda vendetta against them? be more open then you will have a better relationship
    Why do you group men together as if there is only one kind? Find the one that has the qualities you look for and you won't have these types of relationship problems.

then you can never do the right thing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    Why do you group men together as if there is only one kind? Find the one that has the qualities you look for and you won't have these types of relationship problems.
    That's a really good point. Maybe SarahA is attracted to the strong, silent types, even though she can't stand the poor communication.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    That's a really good point. Maybe SarahA is attracted to the strong, silent types, even though she can't stand the poor communication.
    Yep, no communication, no relationship worth being in!

Quote Originally Posted by SarahA View Post
    Yep, no communication, no relationship worth being in!
    Then change things up next time you are meeting guys. Instead of going for the big, quiet gorilla type, try a guy who is more talkative and expressive.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Then change things up next time you are meeting guys. Instead of going for the big, quiet gorilla type, try a guy who is more talkative and expressive.
    Yep. will do

Us men do it because we are A$$hole.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

First, men are not all the same. There are touch-feely men out there who cannot seem to stop sharing their feelings, along with the strong, silent type you refer to, and every kind in between.

Many men feel that they have to shield their feelings because they are afraid of being mocked or made-fun-of. These men are generally attracted to women who are understanding and in touch with their own feelings. Everyone has feelings and emotions, and it's on this level that people can relate to one another. Everyone knows what it's like to be angry/sad/happy/scared, it's a common ground between one human and another.

So these men will hide what they are feeling and thinking out of fear or maybe because they don't feel it is appropriate to share their emotions. If you are attracted to a man like this, it's okay to prod a little. Gain his trust by not laughing or belittling his emotions, give him the chance to be open with you without being judged. Let him know that you understand and accept the way he feels. You don't need to solve his problems or try to force him to make emotional leaps that he isn't ready for, just listening and caring is enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast