+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age gap, I think it's holding me back

Age gap, I think it's holding me back

I've been chatting with a girl at work for a while now. I'm pretty sure she likes me and is waiting for me to make the next move and ask her out on a date. I want to make is soon before she thinks that I don't like her. But it seems like every time I talk to her I keep thinking about her age. She is going to be 21 later this year and myself 27. I just keep thinking that she is a year younger than my sister.

I haven't been on a date in quite a few years now. Maybe, I'm just using her age as an excuse to keep her at a distance. Is this an acceptable age gap?

Ummm.. I know exactly what you mean. Im 18 years old and would love to date older guys 23, 24 preferbly. But I have a 21 year old brother and another brother that is 24 years old. It just wouldnt seem right.. Literally dating someone thier age. But do what makes you feel happy.

Age gap only matters when one party is really young below 20. 20+ it becomes less of an issue and the older you get the gap will appear insignificant. Many people mature differently, so don't allow age gap to stop you from meeting that person you can connect with on every level. Don't let other people's views alter your decisions. You have to decide what is best for you.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am 28, my girlfriend is 21.

I do feel a bit old for her sometimes, but most of the time it isn't an issue. It doesn't seem to bother my girlfiend in the slightest.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Acceptable? To who? If it's OK for you then it's OK for you - the opinions of others should count for nothing

thats not a age gap. you are in the same decade you are the same generation, ask her out you have nothing to lose
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] There is light at the end of the tunnel ................you just have to walk towards it.

27/2+7=20.5

Green light.

Well, I think I can start to look past this I can only hope it's not too late. I shall find out soon, for the good or bad, haha.

dont be a pussy go for it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] There is light at the end of the tunnel ................you just have to walk towards it.

Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello!

i am nothing but dust and dirt, my bones are burnt charred twigs,my eyes empty and dead,my skin is full of holes from pain,my soul lies dead on the floor beside me.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahA View Post
    Ummm.. I know exactly what you mean. Im 18 years old and would love to date older guys 23, 24 preferbly. But I have a 21 year old brother and another brother that is 24 years old. It just wouldnt seem right.. Literally dating someone thier age. But do what makes you feel happy.
    Both you and the OP are confusing incest with a trivial age difference. Two separate things.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by nata1007 View Post
    i am nothing but dust and dirt, my bones are burnt charred twigs,my eyes empty and dead,my skin is full of holes from pain,my soul lies dead on the floor beside me.
    i wrote that not you

If she has no reservations about your age, then you shouldn't either. Six years, big deal. My SO is six years older than I am, and we both come with our weird baggage and quirks due to age and experience. If you like this girl, it doesn't matter. Age IS just a number.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    27/2+7=20.5

Green light.
    Cameron = 42 Woman= 24

(42/2) +7 = 28

Hmmm. Conundrum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast