+ Follow This Topic

Thread: "cute" is it a compliment?

"cute" is it a compliment?

Say a guy who you aren't dating compliments you on something your wearing, hair style, etc. as "cute". How would you feel about it? Or are there better words that could emphasize that your interested in her?
    Last edited by Lixer; 03-04-11 at 01:06 AM.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm a guy. Yes it is a compliment. I never call the clothes a girl is wearing, or her hairstyle, cute. I say that SHE is cute. Sounds like this guy might be gay

Yeah it is a compliment but it strange he calling your hairstyle cute, does sound gay

Well, I think I was partially misunderstood but I think I have somewhat of an idea now.

Anyways, I am a guy and I was wondering what is a good way to compliment a girl. Is there a way to do this to to show your interested in her. Basically, hinting at that your into her more than just a friend.

As stated above, "cute" is the thing one would want to call her. Not her garments or head feathers, but just her person, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Klim View Post
    As stated above, "cute" is the thing one would want to call her. Not her garments or head feathers, but just her person, I guess.
    I agree. Maybe "nice" would be more acceptable to a female than "cute" when referring to her hair or something she's wearing. What do/would you (Lixer) usually do/say to show your interest in a girl?

I always thought 'cute' was a way of saying 'not hot' or if a guy didn't like it but was saying it just to appease you.

With my current bf he thinks 'cute' means innocent and he thinks the whole innocent thing is sexy, while he thinks girls that dress sexy are trashy. Which I dont fully agree but I know that when HE says cute its definitely a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHowLovely View Post
    I agree. Maybe "nice" would be more acceptable to a female than "cute" when referring to her hair or something she's wearing. What do/would you (Lixer) usually do/say to show your interest in a girl?
    I'm not really sure that's kind of why I'm asking. After getting out of a long term relationship I just needed some time to myself. Now I'm interested in finding someone else to date. So maybe something like "You're new hairstyle looks really nice, it compliments your eyes" or something like that?

^ dont be too descriptive or she might laugh cos it will sound like your trying too hard and kinda cheesy. why dont u just say 'i like ur new hairstyle by the way', at an appropriate time during a conversation? Personally i dont like to be called cute, it makes me think they think im just 'kind of attractive'. However if theyre saying a personality trait of mine is cute, or like my laugh is cute or the way i do something is cute, then i like that.