+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend losing hair

Girlfriend losing hair

Hi Everybody,

This is my first post here, I really don't know what to do, so I hope someone can give me their opinion.

The thing is that I met this girl through an online dating site, in the picture she looked ok, I'm no Brad Pitt believe me, and then when we met she even looked better than in the picture which as you can imagine is great. So our first date went very well, I like her she makes me laugh and is intelligent and very kind with me.

However, I notice that there were a few bald spots on her hair, she was wearing her hair so you couldn't notice it, but a couple of times that she was distracted I took a proper look and let me tell you it was alarming the loss of hair she has.

I know I'm sounding like a bastard, but I just can't stop thinking about those bald spots. I know better to ask her about it, but this is a huge turnoff...

Should I say something? Believe me, I really like her, I truly enjoy spending time with her, but I wish you could see the spots I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'd love to know what you ladies think.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Doug.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I'm guessing it's alopecia? Coincidentally i developed this condition a few months ago, my bald spots have actually grown back since then. If it's alopecia areata the probability that those spots will grow back is pretty high with some treatment, vitamins, steroid injections, topical serums. I got on a vitamin regime and used a topical treatment and it helped a lot.

If she has alopecia totalis though, the hair loss will progress to the rest of the body and will likely NOT grow back. It's a scary thing to have to go through especially being a female.

You are sort of making yourself sound like a jack ass BUT if it bothers you that much end it early so there is less emotional attachment on both ends.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

sadie_genie Guest
    Who is better looking? You or her? Lets see some pictures. If she is then you don't really have a case.

There's no doubt than she is better looking than me and a amazing gal, successful, independent, you name it. Now, do you think that I should bring it up?

sadie_genie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug79 View Post
    There's no doubt than she is better looking than me and a amazing gal, successful, independent, you name it. Now, do you think that I should bring it up?
    No, if you intend to keep her.

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug79 View Post
    Depends, how long have you been seeing her?

And there's no point in bringing it up, what difference does it make? Talking about it, isn't going to magically make her hair grow back, it's going to make her more stressed that you look at it. One of the causes of alopecia is actually stress. You either like her or you don't....you decide.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Has she recently lost a lot of weight? This new fad HcG diet can cause dramatic hair loss. If so, it will probably come back once she has been off the diet a while. Don't mention it, just decide whether you can deal with it.

if she is nice it does not matter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] There is light at the end of the tunnel ................you just have to walk towards it.

Bald women can be hot, don't you watch Star Trek? =P

I have extremely thin hair so when i have it put up it looks "not full" on the sides, such as, you can see alot of my scalp. Maybe what you interpret as balding is just thin hair. Or she might possibly have a condition, I knew someone who had a disease where they are constantly pulling out their own hair. She had to wear a hat cuz she'd pull out chunks.