+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Relationship advice from the ladies

Relationship advice from the ladies

Hello everyone. This is my first time here, so I'm not sure how to progress. I guess I'll just tell you guys my problem. I'm currently in a relationship with a girl. It's been going for 2 and a half years now and it has been rocky the entire way. We fight a lot, but up until recently we've also loved each other a lot. The problem is that lately I have begun to feel attachment towards her, but not what I would classify as love. I don't get that warm, excited feeling in my heart like I used to when I thought about her. On top of this, I met a girl in one of my classes who I really like. It started out with me just wanting a new friend, but I'm afraid it's progressed to more than that. I feel like I might love this girl, but she is also in a relationship. She talks to me all the time about how unhappy she is with the man that she's with. There are many reasons. She says she doesn't know him well or that he's always working or that he's generally unloving towards her. And we've become really close lately. The problem is that, while I feel attached to my girlfriend, I don't love her. And at the same time, I think I may love this new girl, but I feel guilty because I'm still in a relationship and she has a boyfriend. I figured that women would be able to give me the best advice concerning this situation. Please don't judge me. I would never try to break up a relationship and I haven't said anything to her. I just need to know what you guys think.

A cheating heart let go of your gf before you move on dont justify cheating
    Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    ~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I have trouble living with guilt and a clean conscience is priceless. Break things off with your GF before starting something new.

You have to remember that misery loves company. Things have started to fade between you and your girlfriend, and this girl in your class feels like a 'kindred spirit' -if you will- because she's unhappy in her relationship and things just aren't 100% any more as well.

BEFORE you throw away your two year relationship because things have gotten stale, evaluate, try to add some spark, some surprise. There is a reason you fell in love with this girl, figure out if that still exists, make sure this isn't just a boredom issue. Talk with your girlfriend, find out how SHE feels. Is she happy? Does she sense your distance?

Don't say anything to this other girl about how you feel right now, until you know exactly what capacity she's feeling you on. It could be she just thinks you're a good friend, listener extraordinaire.

Take the time to figure this out, don't just jump into or out of something.

Thank you. I really have no intention of cheating or whatever and I'm glad you understood that. I just feel like she doesn't understand me and that I don't really love her anymore.