+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm soon going to be 23.

I'm soon going to be 23.

Hello guys and girls

Is it wrong being 22 years old and still a virgin? I'm going to be 23 in June.

I have never had a serious GF before. I'm not ugly or anything most girls I have talked with tell me I am pretty decent looking. Although I do lack social skills I am not good at keeping a conversation with women. I am not great with coming up with tricks or lines how to impress a woman. I'm not really shy talking to girls, I am just not very good at keeping a smooth conversation with women and since I never had a really had a GF I must say I am experiencelss.

I'll try to be abit detailed. I am half German and half Indonesian, for most part I look more white than asian. I have short brown hair, brown eyes. I am not fat, nor skinny. I do work out, but not that much to get muscled either. I am usually casual dressed. I am currently a student I'm going to uni next year. Right now I am doing computer science, I'm unsure yet if I will continue that or go with Media instead. I'm a relaxed person, I'm not very loud or crazy.

About my interests, I must admit I don't have the most fascinating hobbies. Classic music draws my interests I play piano myself and am pretty good at it.
    I am also a gamer and I play a MMORPG.
    I do sport twice a week, I do martial arts.
    I sometimes watch Anime, comedy or what ever is good on TV.
    I'm not a very outgoing person, I mean I do go out, but I do get to bars or parties sorta stuff.

I have never been to a major party, I kinda feel awkward going to one and afraid at failing at it. The major mistake is probably during my highschool year where most of my friends did go out and have a good time at parties I usually rather stayed home playing video games. Another reason I feel awkward dating a girl is telling her I never have slept with another girl or never had sex before.

So I wonder as such boring guy as myself am doing wrong?
    Last edited by _ras; 06-04-11 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _ras View Post
    Hello guys and girls

Is it wrong being 22 years old and still a virgin? I'm going to be 23 in June.

There is no right or wrong here. Everyone has different lives, some people are late bloomers. That's normal. But judging by what you describe your activities are, it would explain why you haven't had a serious gf before. And no, parties isn't the best place to find a serious gf. The best way to meet girls is at work, school, or through mutual friends. You have to be around a lot of girls if you want to increase your chances of meeting one that likes you back. So turn off your gaming system, turn off the tv, get out of the house and get involve with something that has girls, get a part time job that has lots of female co-workers, or start meeting more females from class. You don't have to be very outgoing, just make a few new friends. If you spend most of your free time at home, the only female that will be knocking at your door is your mom. You are at the prime of your life, don't waste it away. Best part is, you might even meet a girl from school or work that shares your interests, and you two can play video games or watch anime all day long.
    Last edited by Bonfire; 06-04-11 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _ras View Post
    About my interests, I must admit I don't have the most fascinating hobbies. Classic music draws my interests I play piano myself and am pretty good at it.
    I am also a gamer and I play a MMORPG.
    I do sport twice a week, I do martial arts.
    I sometimes watch Anime, comedy or what ever is good on TV.
    I'm not a very outgoing person, I mean I do go out, but I do get to bars or parties sorta stuff.

I have never been to a major party, I kinda feel awkward going to one and afraid at failing at it. The major mistake is probably during my highschool year where most of my friends did go out and have a good time at parties I usually rather stayed home playing video games.

I bolded the main things you're doing wrong. I mean, not that it's wrong to do those things, it's just that you shouldn't be obvious about them. Keep those things a shameful secret until you get to know a girl better. I don't know why, I just know you should.

You have to get out more. Read up on how to carry a conversation and be interesting. Then go talk to all the ladies. All of them.

Most ladies at your age are looking for confidence, some kind of financial security and a guy that pretty much has a future in mind like a career. These girls are looking for a mate to take care of them so they can have babies...that is the genetic bottom line. You need to get your ass off the couch away from the xbox and get a life. You are not a kid anymore.