+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't have anyone to talk to

Don't have anyone to talk to

So I figured I would just do a web search, there had to be a forum somewhere. Sure enough, here it is. Don't really have much to say, just needed to vent and I can't talk to my current girlfriend about it obviously, but, Its been 28 months now since my ex and I split, and yes it has gotten easier as things have gone on, but it has been a long 28 months thats for sure. I'm finally with someone new, we've been together eight months now, and its been great, I just still miss her. Maybe one day I'll be over her for good, an maybe not, and even though the memories of her kill me time and time again, and I just can't stop dreaming about her. Those things help to remind me I once had her, and if she'll always be "the one who got away" Then I must say I did pretty good for myself. I just hope that one day I'll be able to see her again.

dont worry about the past.. just concentrate on the present... yes it is that simple

What? I feel so sorry for your CURRENT gf. How unfair of you to secretly be looonging for your ex. You should get over the ex before getting with the next. It might be different if you were actually trying to get over her, but you secretly hope to reunite with her some day so you couldn't possibly be trying to forget her. Shame on you.

if you are in a relationship you need to be in it 100% otherwise you are doing yourself and the person you are with a real disservice...

Agreeing with everyone, that poor girl you've been dating for 8 months is probably commited to you and is looking towards the future. If she knew that you still felt for your ex it would probably be the end of the relationship.

I think you should see a councillor and try to find out what it is that prevents you from getting over her. Even the "one who got away" from me I was over and ready to move on in 4 months. Sure I'll always have a soft spot for her, but I'll never consider myself as having emotions for her.

Something is hooking you up on this, and you need to find out what, could be a simple as a closure issue.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    What? I feel so sorry for your CURRENT gf. How unfair of you to secretly be looonging for your ex. You should get over the ex before getting with the next. It might be different if you were actually trying to get over her, but you secretly hope to reunite with her some day so you couldn't possibly be trying to forget her. Shame on you.
    i agree. this stuff should have been resolved. this is unfair to her. this will come back and bite you in the ass if you dont deal with this. its been 28 months (over 2 years). the fact you quote the exact months is what makes it sad. this girl has affected your life far too much. let it go. why are you hoping to secretely reunite with her? how long were you two together? is this your first love? what is this attachment all about?
    If you still can't stop thinking about your ex, go to www.HowToGetOveraRelationship.com to discover a simple “step-by-step” formula on how to get over a break up.

After 20 months before you got to another relationship, you still not over your ex? Were you guys stay together for long? I wouldn't get to a new relationship if I haven't got over my ex, be patient and have a clean start instead of a mess like now, not fair for your new gf.