+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ended A Nearly 3 Year Relationship

Quote Originally Posted by confused&single View Post
    So sorry to hear that you are going through this. I just got out of a three and a half year relationship last week. It was mutually agreed upon, but i think in retrospective he knew for a while he needed out but couldn't bring himself to do it. It's the hardest damn thing in the world to not talk to him, but I know that as the days tick on that eventually I'll get better. You just have to believe that. Occupy yourself with something else. I actually bought a journal so when I feel like calling or texting him, I've been writing in there. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it just makes me start crying again. But at least its good to get the emotions out of you and not making it harder on yourself by calling. It doesn't do any good and it only reopens the gaping hole in your heart. Trust me...I just experienced the gaping hole last night. It felt like we broke up all over again and the whole time we were talking I was just pissed at myself that I didn't have enough will power to not talk to him. Unfortunately heart break is a part of life. Everyone at one point or another will experience it. In a few months or a year you'll be your old self and a better person because of it. I noticed that after the decision was made between us, while I was sad, the knot that I've been holding onto for the past year (the main issue was him not knowing what he wanted, so I was caring around a worry that there was an expiration date on our relationship) melted away. It was a freeing feeling and I finally knew how to felt. Take a deep breath...turn off your phone..hell give it to someone during your vulnerable times....and just know that this was the right decision for now. That's all you really can do. So sorry you are going through this...i completely feel your pain. "hugs"
    it makes me really happy to knw that someone understands wha tim going through. im glad im not the only one going through this. ive probably said that alot but it really really really means alot to me. it truely does. it makes me feel loved. hopefully i can get through this with everyone's help. and i hope ur healing process isn't so painful

dear, I know your feeling exactly. The first relationship I have is last for 3 years also... I really treated as if he was my everything, and I can't imagine I lost him. But in the end I proposed the break up because I feel that our love is change, and I don't have the ability to make us anymore, although the decision to break up with him is so painful.

But after 1 month, he soon get a new girl friend... So I was wondering, did he really love me? 3 years can be substitute by 1 month! From that day on, I start to wake up, think clearly. It's lucky that I proposed the break up. Things started to change for some reason, maybe is not because of another girl, but sure there's some reason.

No matter what is the reason, insist on the decision you make. I know it's painful in the beginning, but I am pretty sure you sure can gone through it A short pain is better than long pain!
    P.S. I get my ex boyfriend back in less than 2 months. Find out how in http://www.lovetreatment.com

thankyou so much acloy hearing everyone's story really helps.

I can see my ex talking the same way. Just that she got tired of us fighting all the time. I got tired of it too, but I was sure that I loved her and I didn't want to let her go. I was actually working on solving any type of issues we had. We were together for 1.5 year and she broke up with me 2 months ago and got a new boy 1 month later. I cried my heart out, I begged, and did everything I could to get her back. I guess what really hurts me is that I really wanted it to work, but I was going to be a douche sometimes. I treated her well; I would just get upset at some random stuffs. well not really random, but it was unnecessary of getting upset the way I did. At least she said she still wants us to be friend, and we will see what will happen in the future. I still love her with all my heart and she knows it. She doesn't want to come back right now. That's what she sometimes says.

with all due respect, what would make you cry everyday? I just broke up with an overly sensitive girlfriend that would cry if I used the wrong word but that was only maybe once a week or even 2 weeks! Is it possible you need to toughen up?

Did you read the book yet??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123