+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To those with a broken heart....

To those with a broken heart....

Just a few words to those who had their hearts broken and struggle to move on from losing a friend, a boyfriend or girlfriend, a soul mate, a best friend... a companion.

I haven't posted on this site or written on here for over a month. I am back to share some thoughts and maybe help those who continue to bear the pain of a broken heart.

Here's a quick update about me:
    - my relationship ended just over 6 months ago
    - i was in this roller coaster relationship for 1.5 years
    - i do not have any contact with my ex at all now
    - i do know that my ex is dating someone... he started seeing this person 3 months after we broke up
    - my heart was shattered when this relationship ended
    - i hung on to an unhealthy relationship and convinced myself that he was the ONE
    - i cried myself to sleep so many nights, the pain in my chest didn't go away for a long, long time
    - the pain seemed as if it would never, ever go away
    - thoughts of my ex consumed my mind on a daily basis for almost 5 months after it ended
    - i felt as if i would never get over him

6 months later - present day:
    - i know that my feelings for him are no longer the same
    - when i look at pictures of him, i know i don't miss him any or love him the way I used to
    - the pain in my heart no longer exists
    - i know now that he didn't make me happy,he didn't bring the best out of me
    - memories of us being together are now memories of the past
    - i am happier without our conflicts
    - i won't lie, i do still think of him but he didn't treat me the way I want to be treated
    - i cried more being with him more than i ever have in my entire life
    - i am better off without him

What I can share with you is that the pain will go away. I guarantee. There is nothing someone say or do that will make you feel better. It's all up to us and how our minds decide to look at this situation. TIME WILL HEAL ALL WOUNDS. You will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel, the grey skies will finally clear, the frown will turn upside down... happiness is just right in front of you. =)

Stop wasting any more time dwelling over what you could have done better or how you could have changed. You are the way you are. He/She didn't bring the best out of you. It's not your fault.. do not blame yourself. You deserve better and you deserve to be happy.

Wishing you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by want2heal View Post
    Just a few words to those who had their hearts broken and struggle to move on from losing a friend, a boyfriend or girlfriend, a soul mate, a best friend... a companion.

I haven't posted on this site or written on here for over a month. I am back to share some thoughts and maybe help those who continue to bear the pain of a broken heart.

Here's a quick update about me:
    - my relationship ended just over 6 months ago
    - i was in this roller coaster relationship for 1.5 years
    - i do not have any contact with my ex at all now
    - i do know that my ex is dating someone... he started seeing this person 3 months after we broke up
    - my heart was shattered when this relationship ended
    - i hung on to an unhealthy relationship and convinced myself that he was the ONE
    - i cried myself to sleep so many nights, the pain in my chest didn't go away for a long, long time
    - the pain seemed as if it would never, ever go away
    - thoughts of my ex consumed my mind on a daily basis for almost 5 months after it ended
    - i felt as if i would never get over him

6 months later - present day:
    - i know that my feelings for him are no longer the same
    - when i look at pictures of him, i know i don't miss him any or love him the way I used to
    - the pain in my heart no longer exists
    - i know now that he didn't make me happy,he didn't bring the best out of me
    - memories of us being together are now memories of the past
    - i am happier without our conflicts
    - i won't lie, i do still think of him but he didn't treat me the way I want to be treated
    - i cried more being with him more than i ever have in my entire life
    - i am better off without him

What I can share with you is that the pain will go away. I guarantee. There is nothing someone say or do that will make you feel better. It's all up to us and how our minds decide to look at this situation. TIME WILL HEAL ALL WOUNDS. You will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel, the grey skies will finally clear, the frown will turn upside down... happiness is just right in front of you. =)

Stop wasting any more time dwelling over what you could have done better or how you could have changed. You are the way you are. He/She didn't bring the best out of you. It's not your fault.. do not blame yourself. You deserve better and you deserve to be happy.

Wishing you all the best.
    very well said and spoken from your heart.

however, i do believe that something that someone shares CAN help and i disagree that time heals all wounds. there are plenty of people on here who have let a lot of time pass and are still hung up over their ex. i just responded to a gentleman who is dating a new girl and is still hung up over his ex who left him over 2 years ago. time doesnt heal all wounds, you do. anyone going through the pain of a break up needs to take responsibility for how theyre feeling and decide to do something about it, rather than dwell in the past.
    If you still can't stop thinking about your ex, go to www.HowToGetOveraRelationship.com to discover a simple “step-by-step” formula on how to get over a break up.