+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies: is this girl interested or just friendly?

Ladies: is this girl interested or just friendly?

First off I know I'm going to sound silly and naive and second I tend to rant but I'll try to make this brief.
    I play in a local hardcore band and my drummer dated this girl over 3 years ago and they're just friends now, we played a show 2 weeks ago and he brought her and she seemed kind of flirty with me. I was a little drunk so I had the courage to talk to her and stuff, unfortunately she had to leave early to do a college paper. My drummer approached me after and said did you think she was cute? And I said yeah she was, and he's like well she said you're cute and actually cuter than her boyfriend. I was flattered end of story. The next day I get a friend request from her on good ol' facebook but she told me my drummer told her to add me (not sure on the truth on that). She wrote on my wall and just said to let her interview my band one day because she works for a radio station. I couple days later her status went to single, I posted something on my wall she commented on it. A day or 2 later I post another and she comments, then facebook IM's me. Within' 10 minutes she said I should hang out with her one day, gave me her number and asked for mine. I figure maybe I'll text her in a couple days, she texted me the next morning and was like asking how far away I lived, etc. And last night I texted her and she asked me again that we should hang out. Also Monday at practice my drummer said: "she texted me the other night supposedly drunk but I dunno how drunk she really was because she was texting normal and said to tell Josh (me) to come party with her." Again I was like wooo!

Reason I ask is because she seems like a very popular girl and when she texts me she doesn't text much, its more sporadic, girls who I know aren't interested text me more. I feel weird texting her more often because I don't want her to think the wrong thing if she is just an over friendly girl. Today we didn't text at all or facebook chat, but she commented on my status telling me to come over and eat easter candy.

So ladies what do you think I have on my hands? She is very attractive and my drummer told me to hang out with her, and he wouldn't if he cared because I know him well and he's very emotionally open, and has a girlfriend...that was my first worry. Also she's getting my mind off my last ex who I was with for 5 years, so she's helping with that a little.

It's blatantly obvious that she digs you. But didn't you say she has a boyfriend? Thats the FIRST thing you should have worried about -_-

Nevermind.

_____
    Last edited by MerryH; 07-04-11 at 03:38 PM. Reason: her boyfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    I didn't see that mentioned at all.
    It was mentioned briefly

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofjosh View Post
    I was a little drunk so I had the courage to talk to her and stuff, unfortunately she had to leave early to do a college paper. My drummer approached me after and said did you think she was cute? And I said yeah she was, and he's like well she said you're cute and actually cuter than her boyfriend. I was flattered end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    It was mentioned briefly
    Ah! Haha. Nice catch.

I'll edit my first post.

Yeah they broke up a week after we we're facebook pals. But another thing I feel may be why she doesn't text me so much is lately I feel my phone is being a pain with text messaging. I've been told that it takes forever for me to text people back, but I always answer them as soon as I get the text. Maybe I get them late or mine get sent late, regardless maybe it's why she doesn't text me really. OR maybe she doesn't feel I'm giving effort or doesn't think I'm interested..either way I mentioned not knowing how to pursue such a thing if the opportunity arose.

I also said how much I love to rant and ramble on here, everything I just said isn't important whoops. But you see my position at least and that I'm a worry wart.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Idea: CALL.

Meet her? She may not be too serious (she's probably smitten tho) cause then she'd might afraid to come off that eager - but you know... just enjoy it haha

Eh, that would make me a little skittish.

I mean, there is no question that she's into you, but she is playing it very safe: keeping it to Facebook and playing games (telling her friends things she knows will get back to you, and so on). I would be careful that you don't get pulled in too fast. Give her a call (surprise her) and get a better idea of where she stands. I would also be leery that she was flirting with you when she had another guy, and then suddenly she's single. I'm not saying she impulsively dropped her dude--maybe she had a good reason--but it would make me wonder for a while until I got to know her.

Very good point, I thought the same thing at first, if she had a boyfriend and so easily said I was better looking, what would she do to me? I guess it, unfortunately, is somebody I want to jump on because she is potentially or temporarily somebody to keep my mind off my ex. The unfortunate part is once this blows over whether it's already blown over or will be I'll be back to square one. And yes, I feel like I'd be using her as a stepping stone to clear my head of my past but like some have mentioned, I'll just go with it and see where it takes me.