+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ever thought a girl was wrong 4 u, only to realize u were wrong?

Ever thought a girl was wrong 4 u, only to realize u were wrong?

Are there any guys out there who thought a girl was wrong for them, and then realized what they lost? Did u get back together? Did space and time show you she was special even if not perfect?

My situation involves us being immature about love, and I'm looking for hope that we can grow up and fall in love again despite our immature history. Moving on- but still hoping.

No not quite. It's more the opposite for me. I often think the girl is right for me but only to realize I was wrong. I think many people can agree with that. When you are in love, you think the other person is perfect for you, then only when you're not in love any more, you realize they weren't that compatible after all. That's why it didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    No not quite. It's more the opposite for me. I often think the girl is right for me but only to realize I was wrong. I think many people can agree with that. When you are in love, you think the other person is perfect for you, then only when you're not in love any more, you realize they weren't that compatible after all. That's why it didn't work out.
    This couldn't be more true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    Yeah that makes sense to me, in my case it panned out a little differently. I was so in love with my partner I thought she was perfect and as you said, it took falling out of love with her to realise that she wasn't and for me to realise I was totally besotted with her to the point I was letting her trample all over me.

It also took me falling out of love with her to realise how special she really was, I backed off her for a couple of months and re-entered the relationship without the rose tinted glasses and our relationship is much better and stronger now than it ever was before. I can honestly say I love her more now than I did before, it's not an infatuated love but a deeper and more natural love and it's reciprocated.

Sometimes you can be so in love with someone you don't really see who they are but once you do that doesn't mean it's over, it just means you get to decide if you can live with that person now knowing what they are really like and in my case despite her issues, she is really a lovely and wonderful person and the reality is the issues on reflection aren't that bad that I don't want to be with her, just took some adjusting and acknowledgement that she isn't perfect

After a breakup people remember all the good times and forget the bad reasons of why the relationship didn't work out in the first place.
    Relationships are give and take. If you hit a rough patch you talk about it and work it out. If it's so bad that it can't be compromised and it ends, then you know you weren't compatible and should take it as a learning experience and find someone else.

I understand letting go. I'm just having a lot of guilt over my break up.

So I'm 27, Tom boy yet Girly, and it isn't hard for me to attract guys. I'm loyal, honest, dependable, have goals, have hobbies, and like to cook. But I'm not perfect. All of that good stuff is surrounded by a few rough edges.

I can get a little on edge. My ex and I split for 2 mos, those two mos I worked on my issues to the best of my ability. He came back- and I made a full effort to stay focussed on what I did to drive us apart. Almost a year later we are over again. We were together for close to three years.

Of course it takes two to break something. But I am so ashamed of how I acted through this break up. The first time I was controlled and well mannered. This time I lost it, acting like a 16 yr old to sum it up. All I have done is show him why it's better to be without me. I mean- my final stunt was today- and it was a BIG lie. So- probably can't go back to him anyway.

There is soooooooooo much good in me. The only reason I can come up with, for pushing and pushing and pushing him away after the break up, is so I can move on without hope. Yet there is the slightest in the back of my head saying- I hope we were both immature and will meet again when we are ready.

It would be nice, in time, if he can forget who I became during the break up. Man, I just let it all fly.