+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Empathy Quotient (EQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    what about being potty trained? i asked about that at the adoption agency and they laughed at me
    What you need is a breed-specific rescue. They generally have young adult dogs of the breed you choose, and they will be able to tell you a lot about each dog's personaility and match you a good fit to your life, AND most are potty trained as a puppy won't be.

Search "poodle rescue" and your nearest metro area, or whatever other breed you like. Schnauzers are also hypo-allergenic, although more challenging to train.

I hate poodles. My ex boss's wife had a mini that she brought to the office with her every day. It used to bite/scratch the shit out of my legs and pissed on my desk once. If they would have left me with it for a second, I would have punted that thing like a football.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I hate poodles. My ex boss's wife had a mini that she brought to the office with her every day. It used to bite/scratch the shit out of my legs and pissed on my desk once. If they would have left me with it for a second, I would have punted that thing like a football.
    You're a dick. Also, standard poodles have a different temperament than "mini" poodles, or whatever people call them. Every standard poodle I've met is pretty chill. Those little ones can be assholes, though.

The test said my EQ is 56, but I'm pretty sure my display of empathy for poodles itt bumps it up to like, 80 or 90. Maybe even more.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh we talk about dogs? I want to get a puppy for my father. He was very close to my dog that died at 17 , 2 years ago . When my brother was living with him after that, he got another dog and my father started to get close to this dog too but now my brother wants to take the dog to Germany and I saw my father's face when he was telling me it... He was clearly upset... When I told him to get a new one , he said no no ,but for my brother's dog he wasn't that enthusiastic either and anyway he got attached to it . I'm thinking about getting him one when I go to visit him in Poland , I would like to adopt one but ,they won't let me adopt and give it away to someone else and if I go and ask my father to get one he will say no , even though I'm sure he would want one . I plan to look for some crossbred dog , they live much longer than purebred dogs and I want my dad to have a dog he can spend many years with. Since he lives alone it would be a really good thing.The one that died at 17 was also a crossbred dog . Yesterday I was checking internet auctions for dogs and omg I saw such lovely St.Bernards puppies omg . But I can't get him such big dog , at best if I would find him some middle size one , with long hair
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    You're a dick. Also, standard poodles have a different temperament than "mini" poodles, or whatever people call them. Every standard poodle I've met is pretty chill. Those little ones can be assholes, though.

The test said my EQ is 56, but I'm pretty sure my display of empathy for poodles itt bumps it up to like, 80 or 90. Maybe even more.
    My snakes are friendlier than poodles.

How am I a dick, though? I never hit the stupid mutt.

How am I a dick, though? I never hit the stupid mutt.
    Oh you never actually hit it? Nevermind.

Your snake is a butterface.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    Your snake is a butterface.
    I don't think so. She has pretty mercury eyes and a cute, inquisitive expression that a camera doesn't exactly capture. She's actually staring at me while I type this post out - I just fed her and she's getting re-situated up on her perch.
    Here's a better pic:

Wish I had some nice pictures of my corn snake, Mr. Cuddles. He only comes out of his burrows when it's dark, though, and it's really hard to get a still image of him because he's so fast! Carpet pythons are mostly arboreal and she spends 80% of her time on one of the branches/vines in her viv. She also lies on the ground when she's cooling off (I have an under-tank heater and UV bulb). Needless to say, she's not shy, but after handling, she usually retreats to her cave because handling is stressful for young snakes.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 13-04-11 at 04:19 PM.

I don't think so.
    You're right. She's gorgeous. You can't even really see her face in your signature so I was basically fishing for more pics. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I am over-empathic :/

Your Empathy Quotient is 49.

What your score means

On average, most women score about 47 and most men about 42. Most people with Asperger Syndrome or high-functioning autism score about 20.

You have an average ability for understanding how other people feel and rsponding appropriately. You know how to treat people with care and sensitivi

I have a female brain. And, yes, I'm a female

our Systemizing Quotient is 21.

What your score means

On average, most women score about 24 and most men about 30.

You have an average ability for analysing and exploring a system.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by rodav120 View Post
    I have a female brain. And, yes, I'm a female

our Systemizing Quotient is 21.

What your score means

On average, most women score about 24 and most men about 30.

You have an average ability for analysing and exploring a system.
    hey, who are you?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

I have an EQ of 64 and a SQ 39....which means I have a B brain. Nice to be well balanced.

30, I lack social skills and I'm jaded towards people
    SQ 32
    which makes me type S just barely, whatever that means

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456