+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Scared about Honeymoon Stage Ending

Scared about Honeymoon Stage Ending

I am young (over 20 years old though) and me and my boyfriend are going on just over 1 year now, and all of a sudden, i am questioning our relationship and it is scary the hell out of me!!!

I am getting scared because those feelings are dying off. But at the same time, i cannot imagine being with anyone else. I am seriously getting sick over the thought of even questioning our relationship. I feel just awful.

What is going on and will I get over these unpleasant thought.

Thank You for helping

It is natural the initial spark will die down a little. However if it has gone out completely that is a different story. You say you can not imagine being with anyone else so ponder this for a while. Can you imagine being alone? Can you not imagine being with someone else coz you're comfortable with your boyfriend and just 'used' to him being around? Or is it because you love the way he treats you and love the relationship you have? No one here can guide you on how you are feeling you need to explore this further yourself. Maybe even taking some time apart so you can examine how you feel without him around. In my last long-term relationship I felt the spark disappear. I was no longer interested in sex and he just felt like my best friend or brother. I tried to make things work and get that spark back but after 6 months realised it was futile. You say this has been 'sudden' for you so maybe for now acknowledge the feelings you have, explore them and see how you feel in a few weeks or months time (with or without time apart). Try not to make yourself sick over it. You will soon know for sure what to do. Good luck.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

i feel like we are best friends, but according to a lot of people, you are suppose to be best friends with them. I wouldn't go as far as feeling like he is my brother, seeings as we kiss and hold hands and have sex and everything haha! And I do love being with him, he makes me laugh and makes me happy all the time, and does sweet things for me on occasion, but I am honestly just so confused about this all that I cannot help getting sick of it :/

Maybe u need time alone from him for a week or so see how u feel. Maybe have a break. Time n space makes the heart grow founder.

sak is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Have been there

Hi,
    When that honeymoon stage wears off do something other than nothing. I have ignored those feeling since they first arrived, have been married almost 16 yrs! Finally husband and I are "trying" to work on things. It has been so long though, I do not know if repair is possible.
    My point is that when you are no longer in that lusting stage of first love, talk about it. Communication opens you up to deeper levels of commitment and intimacy. Which is part of what needs to happen to continue to be "happily married".
    Good luck, anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie68 View Post
    I am young (over 20 years old though) and me and my boyfriend are going on just over 1 year now, and all of a sudden, i am questioning our relationship and it is scary the hell out of me!!!

I am getting scared because those feelings are dying off. But at the same time, i cannot imagine being with anyone else. I am seriously getting sick over the thought of even questioning our relationship. I feel just awful.

What is going on and will I get over these unpleasant thought.

Thank You for helping
    Have things become routine? I've found this to be a real killer, where you both settle into the same pattern of work/come home/make food/watch tv/ rinse/repeat.

It becomes boring and predictable. You need to mix things up a bit, go out with your mates seperately, go on dates together, go out with friends together, join a yoga class etc
    I found the more things you have going on the more you appreciate your time together. Seeing too much of someone day after day leads to things becoming stale.

Yes, things have seem to become routine and i do plan on talking to him about it tonight after we both get off work and suggest things that can help "rekindle" the flame, so to say.

I just cannot get over the fact that i am sooo upset about it, i seriously have barely eaten since Monday.

I am praying to God that this is just a stupid little phase i am going through since we are talking about getting an apartment in the fall time together.