+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HUGE fight with my girlfriend

HUGE fight with my girlfriend

Two nights ago my girlfriend invited me over for a romantic night at her place. We were going to hang out and talk and then later she was going to make dinner. When I got there, she was really excited. She even put on an old record on her wooden victrola record player that we both enjoy. So she invited me in and we talked for a couple minutes. Then I must have said something that really set her off. She started complaining about how I'm really rude and stuff like that. I had never seen her so furious. That set off a huge argument and I stormed out of their. As I walked down her walkway I heard her take the record off and smash it to pieces over the record player. I went back in and saw pieces of shattered record all over the floor and she was crying, but she told me just to get out of there. I tried calling her the next day but she would not answer me. Any suggestions on what I do?

Just have to give her space, if your ready to reconcile let her know that and the fact that you will do things on her term timetable (as it seems she was much more hurt/angered by your exchange). When you do, you both need to agree to have a calm conversation and find out what caused this fight and any problems you may be having, if either of you say something the other doesn't want to hear or finds offensive you have to promise not to get angry and take everything the other says seriously, don't brush it off just because you don't agree.

Thank you. That was sort of what I was thinking.

I would be more concerned about her violent reaction than the reason behind it. If this is how she deals with issues, I'd say get the F#@% out of there and stay away.

You don't know what it is you said that initially made her angry, yet you got into a huge fight? So you don't even really know what the fight was about?

Tell her you're sorry things got so heated and that you really want to try to understand why she got so mad. Then invite her to your place so you can talk about it calmly. Also probably have a talk about how you two can avoid these huge fights in the future.