+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any ideas on what he's thinking?

Any ideas on what he's thinking?

Hi, posted in the advice thread but then saw this one ..... basically I had a friendship with a work colleague 4 years ago, over about 18 months, that ended up being flirty and moved towards more than friendship, but then with him ignoring me after the first night we spent together. Still had to work together for a few months more, was horrible.
    He got in contact again about 3 months ago, apologised for the way he had been back then, said he had matured and would like to take me out for a drink when he was training with his new work near my town. (He's now in the Forces). So 3 months of texting and chatting followed, got on really well like we always did before.
    He came down last weekend, stayed with me, (not sure I need to mention this but no nothing happened other than kissing and cuddling!), was very positive and vocal about apologising for his behaviour before and that he wanted to spend more time with me over the 5 weeks he is stationed nearby.
    I waited for him to text after the weekend, which he did a couple days later - really nice text. But since then nothing! I sent a text on Thursday asking what his plans were for the weekend, and then this morning saying to let me know if he was around this weekend and what I was up to. (yeah I know i did the 2 texts in a row thing).
    I have a horrible feeling he has done a runner, like he did before. And feel so foolish for having let myself be open to it again. Really upset actually.

Basically - why would he be so keen last weekend and send me the first text after the weekend, if he has done the runner now!?

Any thoughts on whats going through his head would be appreciated, as I don't think I will get any answers from him,
    Thanks x

Call me a pessimist, but it sounds to me like he was just trying to get into your pants. And he lost interest when you didn't give it up fast enough (or maybe he found someone who would?)

Good for you for not putting out! That is success for you- don't feel too awful. He is the one that lost the "game". Ha! He doesn't sound very nice- another person lacking compassion. It would have been FAR worse if you would have slept with him.....

Yup, sounds like a runner. He probabaly just wanted to have some fun while he was around, and you didn't give it up. He's moved on. Good for you for not having sex. Move on! You can find better.

One of life's many learning experiences. You will probably think back to this event a lot and you can derive many lessons from it.

Yes, he is a runner. . . . But remember this its not on you. He isn't ready...plus by him not getting back to you after an affectionate time of kissing and cuddling a couple of days later...Was a warning sign....He felt guilty and got back with you with a nice text....but he lacks consistency. Until he MANS up he will always drift....