Husband and I have been attempting couples counseling. I say "attempting" due to the fact that we have only gone together once and individually a couple times. H has twice canceled out on joining me and I have gone alone. Therapist is, I think getting the idea of his lackluster feelings about the counseling.
5 months ago, H dropped a bomb on me, causing me to believe he was having a MLC, mid life crisis. Since then he has apologized for hurting me emotionally and says he is focused on making the "us" work. Problem is his reality of making it work is much different than mine. I through the help of counseling got up the courage to share my griefs about our marriage and what I need to be happy. I, previously have always been the accepting, compromising wife. Ignoring big faults of his in order to feel happy. Problem is, I really was not. After H unloaded his feelings of not being satisfied and we started counseling I finally was able to open up. Thinking in theory we could go somewhere with all this.
I do not know what to do. How long can I wait, w/out feeling true to our marriage, true in feelings that is. I would not cheat. That would not help.