+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why won't my boyfriend introduce me to girls as his girlfriend?

why won't my boyfriend introduce me to girls as his girlfriend?

So i've been dating my boyfriend for over a year and a half. He treats me well, when he messes up he tries to make it better, he communicates with me, etc. but whenever were out he introduces me as his girlfriend to a guy he knows. Obviously wants to claim his territory, but won't when introducing me to a girl. He will introduce me as my name. The thing is that when ever the situations flipped and hes meeting a guy friend of mine he just goes ahead and introduces himself without me even saying anything. He even doesnt say that hes my bf either.

Its so wierd and I dont know what to do. I don't want to talk to him about it because I feel i would come off as pyscho.

Any suggestions?

Ask him yourself.....we can only make a guess that he can't be sure that he wants to be clearly committed to you.

yeah. Its just weird to me that he proactively tells me that this relationship is serious to him or that he tries to make the relationship work when theres an issue. he always includes me in going out with his friends to the bars or whatever hes doing where their could be women, but then when he knows a girl thats there or whatever he'll just be like "oh btw this is stephanie" The only time hes ever said that I was his gf to a girl is if they ask. We've been going out a year and a half and we haven't even had sex yet. Im still a virgin and hes not so its just weird that he has stayed with me this whole time if he doesn't want to be committed. I would think a guy would of been gone wayyy long ago if they didnt care or didnt want to be committed.

Why are you suspicious of him, as if he is not introducing you as his GF so he can have affairs with women behind your back? As if the girls can't tell, lol. Jeeze, get over it.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I know for sure ,he lacks social skills and common sense,voila.
    I wazzzz here

Yeah you might be reading way too much into this. Though if you trusted him you wouldn't be asking these questions. Are you the jealous sort?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Yeah you might be reading way too much into this. Though if you trusted him you wouldn't be asking these questions. Are you the jealous sort?
    No not really, but I haven't been in many relationships and so when I see that all my friends bfs introduce my friends as their gf it makes me think that there is something wrong with my relationship.

Also, I wouldn't be as concerned if he introduced me to everyone just by my name, but he always makes a point to introduce me as my gf to his guy friends.

maybe he's just protective with his friends. and that he trusts you not to do anything so u should too. if he doesn't introduce you as his gf don't worry! just talk to him, you've been going out for so long u should be able to communicate with a little chat? and u dont have to rush the sex thing, when ur ready you'll do it. but never get pressured into it. Good luck.

Maybe he does it subconsciously as a primitive thing. I'll bet if you brought it up casually to him "you know, Ive noticed something kind've odd.. everytime you introduce me to....." that he wouldn't even notice he does it!
    Personally I think you're lucky, my bf NEVER introduces me, I have to do it myself or stand there awkwardly.

Maybe he's already told them who "Stephanie" is. It stands to reason that he's mentioned you to his friends before..

Just tell him you've noticed. That will probably solve everything. If it doesn't then you can start worrying.