+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is She Worth it?

Is She Worth it?

Posted this under Ask a Female. Don't know which sub has more traffic. I'm just trying to get as much ideas/thoughts/comments as I can. Sorry if I've broken the forum rules.

So I've been talking to this girl for about 2 months now. It was nothing serious in the beginning. We both knew we liked each other. I think she was taking it more seriously than I was. At certain point I told her that she's not my usual type and wanted to stop talking to her and she would get upset and tried convincing me not to. At the time, she'd text me, call me, and worry if I'm upset.

At one point or another, I realized that I do like her. I started caring more and giving her more attention. However, by the time I decided to do this, she claimed that I like her more than she likes me. She claims that I'm way more into it now than she is. She wouldn't text back right away, she wouldn't pick up the call if she's doing something (she used to before) but she does text me and tell me what she's doing, and we don't talk often at night anymore.

I'd occasionally buy her stuff. She'd tell me if she wanted something (online usually) and being the caring guy I am, I'd secretly buy it and give it to her. Do you think she's using me? Actually, I've asked her that same question before whether or not she's using me and she snapped and hung up the phone on me and told me to keep everything and never to call her. I feel like this act resembles my point. If she wasn't "using" me, she wouldn't go to that extreme and hanging up the phone.

Recently I've also told her how much I liked her. Decently a whole lot. She just says okay and change the subject. She knows that I am a fairly good looking guy and have many female friends (usually she'd be jealous if I talked about them). Do you think she's taking me for-granted?

Also in the past she's used to dating bunch of jerks. Based on what she told me she rarely received flowers and rarely got taken out on dates. Being the guy that I am, I try to make her feel special. I'd send her flowers occasionally (I actually sent her flowers today to her hotel as she is vacationing). I'd try to show her that I am a different guy, I care, and won't hurt her the way her ex's do. It seems like the more I am trying to be this guy, the more she doesn't appreciate it (she claims she appreciates it but who knows). Is she used to jerks? Am I too nice for her? (Mind you, she is a little younger in her early 20's).

I feel like I'm done trying to give her more attention. I do like her and she claims that she does like me when she asks but I don't see it. Do you think this is worth it? Do you think there is another guy involved now?

There are times I feel like she is lying when it comes to saying she likes me. Though today, we had a little fight and I told her that I'd stop talking to her. She then made a comment in her sorta upset tone to "call the girl that asked for my number" (I recently told her about the incident as a girl asked for my number). She seemed upset which leads me to believe that she was jealous.

Anyway, does she need more space? She claims that she doesn't want anything serious right now. She did before.
    Should I stop caring so much?

My plan is not to contact her again. She knew the flowers were coming as I asked where she was staying but I haven't texted her ever since. Do you think I'm doing the right thing ladies?

Please help me out.

Thank you so much for all of your help!

In the beginning, she likes you because you weren't that into her. You told her she wasn't your type, this subconsciously place you as having higher value than her. And girls like things they think is of higher value. So she went after you. And then when you two started dating... you develop strong feelings for her and place her on a pedestal and worship her with gifts and flowers like all nice guy do. This act lowers your value in her eyes so she became less attracted to you. Trying to treat a girl special who are used to jerks is a death wish in a relationship. Some girls have the douche-bag syndrome, they like guys who don't treat them like they are special. You have to balance it properly with these types with certain amount of attention and indifference. So at this point, she isn't that into you anymore and as soon as she meets another guy, she'll dump you. Take this as a learning experience. If you feel right now she is not treating you right, then it's up to you to decide if you want to walk away and find someone who would appreciate you for you.

MrE is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Bonfire is right - in the beginning you were playing 'The Game' and not even realizing it!

Thanks for the replies and perspective guys (especially Bonfire). I'm just gonna let her play her game now and see what happens.