+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flirting but in a relationship. Ok or not ok?

i think it's pretty simple, if you can't stay loyal IN EVERY WAY, break it up.

long distance is not an excuse to flirt... no reason is enough to flirt when you're in a relationship

I think alittle flirting is normal and acceptable. It doesn't matter if yourin a relationship or not, im sure she does it too, even if she doesnt admit it. It's nice to know you've still got "it" even if your in a long term secure & happy realtionship. In fact the fact that you know you still have "it" and choose to stay with this woman is a sign of how much you love her, anyone can stay in a relationship, but it's harder to stay if you know you'd have offers if you left it. If your flirting and the flirtee is flirting back but you choose to never take it further then you are making a choice to stay with, respect & love the woman your with now. But thats just my take on it....

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    i really don't like being flirted with when i'm in a relationship, it might be odd but i don't like the attention from other guys, it almost makes me uncomfortable because it feels wrong. When i'm in a relationship it's all about the other person, they have 100% of my affection or attention because i wouldn't be in a relationship if i was interested in attention from other people. And if you can't handle long-distance then break up, they are hard to deal with and no, you don't get special benefits because you are in one....remember YOU CHOSE it.

And if you need validation from others to feel good about yourself, you're clearly not fit for serious relationships.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

LOL! I love the differences in Male and Female responses! I say flirt away! Its fun and it allows you to see a little of what that person is about. You're not married and its long distance.

And no! being committed in a BF/GF relationship vs a marriage are not the same.......not even in the same ball park!

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jessy83 View Post
    I think alittle flirting is normal and acceptable. It doesn't matter if yourin a relationship or not, im sure she does it too, even if she doesnt admit it. It's nice to know you've still got "it" even if your in a long term secure & happy realtionship. In fact the fact that you know you still have "it" and choose to stay with this woman is a sign of how much you love her, anyone can stay in a relationship, but it's harder to stay if you know you'd have offers if you left it. If your flirting and the flirtee is flirting back but you choose to never take it further then you are making a choice to stay with, respect & love the woman your with now. But thats just my take on it....
    Shouldn't your partner be enough for you to think that you still got 'it'?? I mean really, unless you're like 50 because both parties are getting old and you've been together for a LONG time i would expect. Why would you be with your partner to begin with if you don't feel like they are Amazing and that you've won over an awesome relationship?
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

sadie_genie Guest
    Flirting is absolutely okay with me as long as trust has already been established in the relationship. It is a way to keep things fresh.

To me-NO, a big NO, i hate it that some guys flirted behind their gf's back and say that's the normal thing to do. If they feel the need to flirt to others or special someone, they are not totally into their relationship and i must say it's like keeping some back up and looking for some back up, it shows insecure as well, i must say that i tried my best not to do it, i always kept conversation short and light like hello n how r you with guys that tried to flirt with me while i was in the relationship, that's my version of being more mature than when i was 18, So all of those guys said that i Really Love my Bf - whom is Ex now.

Also, i feel it's a BIG Disrespect to your partner, imagine if the women/ or men got flirted must have some Poor look toward your partner, or question about your moral too.

I always try to keep distance with the guys that were/ are in a relationship, and always try to tell them not to disrespect their gf by being like that, I hate it if ppl would do it to me so i don't do it to people.

And no! being committed in a BF/GF relationship vs a marriage are not the same.......not even in the same ball park![/QUOTE]

So, you are not really commited to her as you thought if you are a man.

So, you are not really commited to her as you thought if you are a man.
    No...im not committed to my GF like i would be to my wife / fiance

Not okay. flirting is about an ego boost and about the rush of feeling wanted by someone. This can quickly escalate to physical contact.
    <No advertising in signatures is allowed - the mods>

How do we define flirting. Growing up in Europe it was thaught of as normal, as a means of communication even, to INNOCENTLY flirt with the other sex. It is the compliment with just the slightest of sexual tention and hope for a smile in response, a response of approval, just so you can feel, that while you love your partner dearly, you can still catch the eye from the opposite sex. Done well and tastefully, it makes everyone feel better. I mean, really, in my opinion the world became a worse place when it was not appropriate to tell your female colleague at work that her dress looks really nice on her, and do it with a sligh smile. Your SO should feel that she has a man that is a hunk and still gets attention from other ladies, or visa versa. So, it is a compliment to her as well. We do have to be sensative when flirting when our SO is right besides us and not make then feel awkward in the situation, that is a matter of respect.
    I have found since being in the United States that the kind of flirting that I am thinking of and tried to describe is not acceptable here in the US. A lot of former girlfriends have called me on the mat for it and to me it seems to be insecurity issues and inmaturity. With new generations growing up in front of computers and text messaging, we are loosing in the art of conversation and person to person interaction and this is an area to practice in the art of being subtle, finite in detail and respectful always. So often when I see old people get together (people over 80) they are complimentary to each other in a fun and flirtatious way and these are people that would not think of outside of mariage sexual relationships, it is an art in communication to brighten-up ones day.

Everybody thinks its ok to flirt......until they catch their partner flirting, then it's a problem. Flirting is seeking the attention of the opposite sex in a not so innocent way. Why would you need to do this if you're happy in your relationship? I think it's more a insecurity thing, no one in a happy committed relationship likes to flirt, why would they? Something's missing in your relationship (attention) and you're looking elsewhere for it. Simple and plain.

Quote Originally Posted by IncognitoSir View Post
    Everybody thinks its ok to flirt......until they catch their partner flirting, then it's a problem. Flirting is seeking the attention of the opposite sex in a not so innocent way. Why would you need to do this if you're happy in your relationship? I think it's more a insecurity thing, no one in a happy committed relationship likes to flirt, why would they? Something's missing in your relationship (attention) and you're looking elsewhere for it. Simple and plain.
    The same way i appreciate another woman's fine ass or beautiful face. Its fun to flirt with a beautiful woman...doesnt mean I want to **** her. I also would never flirt with another with my GF there....thats just plain rude and asking for trouble

It's okay as long as its innocent.

I think that any sort of flirting while in a relationship is setting yourself up for temptation. Why risk it? If you're happy with someone, concentrate on that relationship. If you're not, then move on! There's no need to hurt them by flirting with someone else when you're still in the relationship. It won't end well for anyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast