+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flirting but in a relationship. Ok or not ok?

Isn't it cheating. I would not want my girlfriend to do that.

I smile alot at everyone and people get this idea that I am flirting, I also ask strangers like bus drivers, starbucks coffee people, classmates how their day is going. Is this flirting? I don't think so, some do.. because I am a "attractive girl" giving others attention. But it's who I am, I'm from a small town but now living in a huge city. Some people consider it flirting, I don't. If my SO asked me to stop, I would break up with them because it would be changing who I am as a person. I don't need the responses from the opposite sex to justify me, or make me feel more attractive though. That's a problem in your case, you should feel confident in yourself, your looks and your relationship. There is nothing wrong with smiling at a stranger or having a random conversation to make someone elses day or your own... but if it's the only thing keeping you sane, you have a problem in yourself or your relationship because it is not fulfilling what you require. Tone it down a little, but I don't think you need to stop being friendly, there enough soulless emotionless people walking the streets/companies as it is... continue to be real, just don't cross the line.

Quote Originally Posted by rafterman View Post
    women always want something they cant have.
    Absolutely not. My biological father left my mom after almost 20 years of marriage for a women 8 years younger then him, leaving my mom with two teenagers and a preschooler(me at the time)
    Because of this when I was single if I found out that someone is taken I would never pursue them, if they have a significant other im instantly turned off and they fall into the friend zone and stay there forever. The idea of ruining a relationship disgusts me.
    I never have wanted someone who I couldnt have.
    Last edited by inflorescence; 09-12-11 at 01:38 AM.

I don't think there's anything wrong with a little harmless flirting. However, 'harmless' has different meanings to different people. The way I see harmless flirting is that if both people are aware that there's no intention for it to go further, then fine. But if the flirtee might be under the impression that the flirter wants something more, then it's gone too far. Again, dependent on the person, but it's about using judgement.

Also, if your girlfriend is suspicious, she probably has reason to be. Being in an LDR is tough, and of course she won't ever know if you do completely cut out flirting or not, but is it worth breaking her trust like that?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234