+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Falling for my ex's best friend

Falling for my ex's best friend

I dated a girl 7 years ago for a couple months. We started talking and hanging out again this past February. We hooked up a few times in early-march. It didn't take long to realize though, that I didn't have more-than-friend feelings for her. Turns out she did like me more, but i told her it wasn't mutual. She was ok with it and we still hang out all the time, and she always brings her best friend with her. I feel such a strong connection with her friend, and it's just been building up more and more over the past couple months; I'm pretty sure she feels it too, but we've never discussed it.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had feelings like this for a girl, she really is perfect in every way, and I will regret it so bad if she ends up dating someone before I get to express my feelings. But I'm apprehensive about talking to her about it for many reasons.

It's pretty much girl code to not get involved with your best friends ex boyfriends. But my ex is currently considering getting back together with her other ex, so I'm thinking, if she does that, maybe THEN it will be ok to pursue her friend?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Pursue the friend now if your feelings are really that strong. That was seven years ago, she's had ample time to move on. I hate stupid rules like that, they make no sense. If you have strong feelings for this girl, then pursue her, and let her be the one to call the girl code bullshit if that's how she feels.

What are you apprehensive about?

You have 2 choices here to ask her out now or wait 1, 2, maybe 3 years untill your ready. Hmmm that does not sound like a good idea b/c she may be married by them.

Life is beautiful, but it can be better when we have someone special to share it with.

If you are friends still with your ex (and only see the friend when spending time with your ex), talk to your ex about her and let her know that you are going to ask her out. Don't ask for her permission or approval, but let her know that you wanted to tell her first because of your friendship. Then do what you would like to do.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Thanks devonbrown..I think I'm probably going to do something along the lines of that. If and when she gets back with her ex, I think I'm going to tell her that I have feelings for her friend, and from one friend to another, I'll ask her if she thinks I have a shot...maybe she will actually help me out.