+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Odd Question

Odd Question

My co-worker/friend is having an issue and I want some input so I can assist. This isn't me, my relationship recently ended.

Him and his gf have been together for about 3 months, things were a rocky start but they've apparently worked through the early issues to make a relationship that works. They work together, but in different departments of a very large building.

One of the recurrent issues is her ex, who was in contact with her for the first 6 weeks of their relationship. She was open and honest that she wasn't completely over him, but did want to move past him as he was overly controlling. He has since been told they haven't talked at all in the last month and a half (the ex works in our building too, but different department different shift, doesn't drive).

Last month I guess the ex received a parking spot out in front of the building, but since he didn't drive, my co-workers gf started parking there (spots are labelled with associate names). he doesn't know if this is something to be annoyed at or not, I'm pretty sure their relationship might have started too early from her last breakup leading to some insecurities. He also suspects that perhaps they're talking again.

He wants some input on this from me, but I'm kinda 50/50 on it, I do think its a little odd she would park there when people openly know their relationship has ended, but at the same time, its just a parking spot.

Should he bring this up or just let it slide?
    Last edited by Cerby; 13-04-11 at 01:02 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Let it slide it's a parking spot for Christs sake.

Better question, are they talking? Is she giving him rides to work? Is she over him?

I unfortunately don't know all those details, I'm not that close to the situation. I do know she isn't giving him rides as they work different shift times.

How should he broach the topic of if they're talking or over him? I'd recommend he leave this situation alone, or bring it up casually, but people here have more experience with advice than I do.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He should know. He either has suspicions or reason to believe she is talking to him or he doesn't. If he does, he should just ask her AND state the reason that lead him to believe they might be talking. If he doesn't he better drop it and start learning how to be more secure in the relationship if he doesn't he'll drive her away.

Even if she is talking to him again, unless he has reason to doubt her faithfulness to him, it is not a big deal. As for the parking spot, yea, it is not a big deal. Chances are that the ex got it, realized he couldn't use it, contacted her and asked her if she wanted it. It could be as simple as that.
    Let your friend know that he shouldn't get too worked up over things until he is more sure that there is something to be worked up over.

Open and honest communication works always. Not always the way we want it to work, but it gets results. But make sure it is communication, not accusation.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    Even if she is talking to him again, unless he has reason to doubt her faithfulness to him, it is not a big deal. As for the parking spot, yea, it is not a big deal. Chances are that the ex got it, realized he couldn't use it, contacted her and asked her if she wanted it. It could be as simple as that.
    Let your friend know that he shouldn't get too worked up over things until he is more sure that there is something to be worked up over.

Open and honest communication works always. Not always the way we want it to work, but it gets results. But make sure it is communication, not accusation.

Good luck.
    Yea, kind of what I was thinking as well. I'll give some advice but let him sort it out, sounds like if this is an issue there might be other problems I'm not aware of.