+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sudden change

Sudden change

Hi I am confused over the sudden change in the way that a girl is treating me.
    Two months ago, I started approaching this girl who was my high-school classmate. I started SMS-ing and asking her out for a date. In my opinion, our relationship went out smoothly. She responded to me quite well and there was a period where we would date twice in a week. She even asked me for a date when I didn't ask her. But suddenly, just one week ago, the way she treated me totally changed.
    When I sms her now, she would take a long time to reply. She even cancelled a date that she has agreed to go previously. In short, she just starts to ignore me out of the blue.
    I wonder whether I had done something wrong, but I am quite confident that there is nothing wrong which I have done. I am utterly perplexed by the change in the way she treats me.
    N i dunno whether I should continue SMS-ing and talking to her bcoz she just seems to ignore me now.
    Can anyone advice me on what should I do now? Thanks.

LOL! Every guy has this story so dont feel bad

Just because you're confident you've done nothing wrong doesn't mean its so. Tell her how you feel and sees what she says

She probably change her mind about the relationship and is slowly backing off. She probably met another guy considering she had cancel a date with you. That's what I am guessing here. You should back off too and see if she would contact you for another date. If she doesn't contact you, then just forget about her.

Quite often relationships fall apart. Perhaps she realised that for her you are not 'the one' and is backing off. And so it goes.

Thanks for all the advices. But knowing that she is backing off, should I continue chasing her? Because sometimes I just can't resist the urge to text or ask her for date. And one of my friends actually told me that should i continue chasing after her, she may be moved by my persistence and eventually opens up. But is this really true?

Depends, but very rarely that is the case. Chasing them when they are backing off makes you look needy and desperate which aren't attractive qualities.

YeP!

One rule to live by in dating: If a girl wants to contact you, she will.

In short, if a girl does not return a call or text, stop all contact completely till she calls you.
    Last edited by surfhb; 15-04-11 at 02:56 AM.

She has met someone else. She didn't look at your situation as a serious relationship.....it was just casual dating. She is ignoring you so you will get the hint that it's over.