+ Follow This Topic

Thread: PLEASE help save my relationship!

PLEASE help save my relationship!

Thanks in advance to those of you who takes the time to read this. I'm trying really hard to save my relationship and hope you can give me some advice.

My fiance and I have a long distance relationship. Our method of communication is usually daily emails, and text messages, and phone. But, a few days ago, I found out my father may have cancer. It has been extremely emotionally distressful for me. I emailed my fiance and told him the news and he emailed me back telling me how sorry he was about the news. He said he would be praying for me, and hoping everything works out, and if i ever need anything to call him anytime.

I thought his email was sweet, though in honesty i hoped for at least a phone call. I figured he probabably just wanted to give me some space. But its been 4 days since i told him the news, and he called me just once in this time and left a msg.I tried calling him several times these past few days, because i really needed his support and have a partner i can pour out my feelings to. I've told him through txt msg that I'm feeling very sad and would like to talk to him on the phone, but both times he msged me back the next morning saying he's sorry he missed my calls/text msg cause he fell asleep early (he works two jobs and gets extremely tired). He asks me to email him when i get a chance.

Though he does send me emails on a daily basis asking me about the whole situation, I really need a man who is more readily available by phone when i'm going through times of distress. It bothers me that he hasn't attempted to call me more often these past few days. Its also usually several hours before he responds to my text msgs/emails, and I get frustrated that he isn't easy to reach during this time when i need him the most. I know my fiance is a very busy man (works 2 jobs), but from my point of view, all it takes is 5 minutes, whether before bed, or during his bathroom or lunch breaks from work to just give me a shout and see how i am. It would show me he cares if he called me once a day. But I don't know if i'm being overly sensitive because of everything else going on... Am I? Is it normal for me to hope/expect my fiance to try calling me more often when i'm going through this emotional rollercoaster? Or am I being unreasonable?

Please give your advice asap. Thanks and God bless!!!

Have you ever even met this man?? You should just tell him how you feel. That a phone call would have been a bit more personal and would have made you feel alot better. If he doesnt call after that I would be a bit worried probably. Something not quite right??

Quote Originally Posted by shymaira View Post
    I'm trying really hard to save my relationship and hope you can give me some advice.

My fiance and I have a long distance relationship. Our method of communication is usually daily emails, and text messages, and phone.
    Here's the problem. Long distance will kill any relationship given enough time apart. If you want to save this relationship, don't make it a long distance relationship. Someone needs to move asap.

how often do you guys usually talk on the phone? my bf and i are not in a long distance relationship and we talk every day...i'm sorry, but i feel like he's not putting in a normal amount of effort for any relationship, let alone long distance, where i would imagine frequent phone communication is essential. in my experience, when you try to reach someone via phone and they are repeatedly responding via text or e-mail, it's because they don't want you or the person they are with in person to know where they are/what they are doing...